Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Broken heart.:(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

How do you get over a broken heart? I was in a relationship for 5 years (No children together). We were very close but we also had some issues we just couldn't get past. We ended things on a friendly note and from time to time drop each other an email to say hi. It's been about a year and a half since we broke up for good. I have casually dated others since him, but have never been able to really move on.

Most days I'm fine, but some days I'm just in tears and heartbroken missing him. Today is one of those days. I haven't even spoken to him in almost two months and out of the blue today I started having a pity party missing him. When does it stop? It seems the more I try to not think about him, the more I do. My head knows we are no good together, but my heart wont listen. I would think I'd be over him by now. A year and a half is a long time to mourn a relationship, don't you think? Any advice is appreciated.I feel so pathetic.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Try to remember things as they were when you weren't so good together. Stop the emails an move on.
AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:42 AM
I'm sorry. I have no advice for you. But I know where you're coming from. When my first love and I broke up it took me 4yrs to completely get over him. Some of it was his fault and some my fault. He played head games by saying things to me and I let him. I knew what he was doing and I guess it didn't matter. Its now been 10yrs since we've split and I'm happy again and have been for about 6yrs. We are now friends and I enjoy talking to him, but I don't get that feeling anymore even when he tries to play head games with me. I'm happy just being friends.

5yrs is a long time, he was a huge part of your life and family I'm sure. It will be hard but you will get through it mm
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:47 AM

I don't know. I still miss a man I have not seen in 30 years. My mom told me that you sometimes have a special place for that first true love. For me, that has been the case. I don't cry now...thank God....over him,m but I will always love him.

I will say that you need to avoid just "settling" for someone. I did that. I figured that since I could not marry the man I really loved, it did not really matter who I married as long as he was good to me, moral, kind, etc. Well, it ended up not being fair to either of us. You deserve someone amazing. Be good to yourself.

sunrisekn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:51 AM

It's ok to miss the person you thought he could be. 

There is a reason he's your ex. You have to just move forward, put him in the past.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:59 AM

You have 2 choices here. You can either let him go completely or figure out why you can't seem to move on.

I have been there and believe me it is TOUGH! 

Very tough.

But I am doing it, I am focusing on my life I have now. And building towards my future. It has been 3 years for me. 

But it is someone I should have never said goodbye to.

I am of course now married to a man that I love very much,but this other person fullfilled me in different ways than my husband just doesn't do. But that doesn't mean I don't love my husband. They both have a great qualities. I was just closer to the other one then I ever have been to my husband. Or probably will ever will be.

So if you still can't let go, then maybe write him and let him know how you are feeling. Maybe he feels the same.

Maybe you feel he has forgotten about you, since he hasn't written.

Maybe you feel he has moved on and that bothers you, because that is not the way it was supposed to be.

There is a reason why you are having a break down and I suspect because he hasn't written you and you afriad that truly is the end. 

It is hard mama and it is VERY TOUGH and it can LAST a very long time. But you have to figure it out, in order to heal.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:02 AM

i dont know if it will stop untill you move on? Has he moved on?

LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:13 AM

This.  You're not remembering the reasons you weren't good together.  Samething happened to me.  :/  When I did realize it, I moved on.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Try to remember things as they were when you weren't so good together. Stop the emails an move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM

I have no idea if he has moved on or not.When we do talk,we do not discuss dating and related issues.Besides,I am ok with him moving on.He is a great guy,I want him to be happy. I just need to know how to let him go and move on myself.I feel like just when Im feeling good about things,the missing him starts again.Its almost like something inside of me doesnt want it to go away(my feelings for him)Im probably making no sense,been up all night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN