Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can you really LOVE someone for who they are?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I met a great guy.  We've only known eachother for about a month.  Been on 5 dates.  Talk and message a lot.  We've had some deep conversations and are really compatable.  He's smart (really smart), funny, nice, generous, tall, has a great job, he's modest so he doesn't have flashy things, witty, and.... dorky.  He's everything I've always wanted.  All the things I wish I found the first time around.  He seems like the type to make a really good husband.  The catch is, I'm not sure I'm physically attracted to him.  We're taking things slow, so we haven't even kissed yet.  Had I not been introduced to him, we never wouldn've met otherwise.  I think he's okay looking (actually a little dorky looking). Just not good looking.  He needs a little style too, which I can work on later.  

I don't want to be shallow and make decisions about my future based on looks.  Can a strong connection be enough?  Do looks matter?  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Idk. I didn't think my ex was that cute until I was already in love with him. So I guess I'd say yeah.
sunrisekn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Heck yes! I am not physically attracted to my dh but we have a great marriage. He is the most amazing man I've ever met. We have been together for 12 years and married for 10 years. 

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I think physical attraction is a big part in a relationship.

My concern is that as time goes on and you get to know him more you are bound to find things that you aren't exactly thrilled about. Would that turn you off even more to him physically.

However other things play well into this, as in intimacy. He might just blow your socks off between the sheets and that might ignite something you have never felt before. Kissing as well. You should have already given the guy a kiss. Goodness, 5 dates. He def is patient.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:52 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL.  It's the first person I've dated since my divorce (like real dates), so I've been a little nervous.  He's a pretty shy guy too.  But I think Friday (our next date night) he might finally make a move for a kiss. At least I hope he does.   I guess I'll have to give him signs. 

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

My concern is that as time goes on and you get to know him more you are bound to find things that you aren't exactly thrilled about. Would that turn you off even more to him physically.

However other things play well into this, as in intimacy. He might just blow your socks off between the sheets and that might ignite something you have never felt before. Kissing as well. You should have already given the guy a kiss. Goodness, 5 dates. He def is patient.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:52 AM

I think you have to be able to find something  physically attractive about your partner . Like my husband has the most amazing eyes.. with his  amazing personality and his big brown eyes it has  been everything ive ever needed :) While i know looks can and do fade, some things you find and love in the beginning of a relationship can and will fade as well. Cute quirks become annoying habits and what not. You need to be able to find a balance :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Even still not physically attracted?  How does that affect your sex life?  Your physical affection toward him? 

Quoting sunrisekn:

Heck yes! I am not physically attracted to my dh but we have a great marriage. He is the most amazing man I've ever met. We have been together for 12 years and married for 10 years. 

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Best of luck to you hun. I know my husband I wasn't so attracted to him but between the sheets. WOW! 

So best of luck. I really hope this works well for you! 

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL.  It's the first person I've dated since my divorce (like real dates), so I've been a little nervous.  He's a pretty shy guy too.  But I think Friday (our next date night) he might finally make a move for a kiss. At least I hope he does.   I guess I'll have to give him signs. 

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:03 AM

hmmmmm. I hope I'm that lucky.  My exH sucked.  

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Best of luck to you hun. I know my husband I wasn't so attracted to him but between the sheets. WOW! 

So best of luck. I really hope this works well for you! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

sunrisekn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Even still not physically attracted?  How does that affect your sex life?  Your physical affection toward him? 

Quoting sunrisekn:

No affect at all. In my opinion, what he lacks in "physical" attraction he more than makes up for in every other areas. I have been treated pretty crappy in the past and when I met him and saw how completely incredible he is, that is what I wanted.

It's kind of hard to explain but it works and I don't look at him think eww, you are ugly, or whatever, when I look at him I see the complete package. He's funny, he's an awesome provider, a terrific father, a great lover, he's caring, considerate, tender, smart, tall, respectful and trustworthy.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:07 AM

awwww.  That is what I see with this guy.  My exH was a hot mess and didn't provide for us.  In this guy I see all the things I never had.  And at this point in my life, being a mom already and too mature for games, I only want to care about the things that really matter.  

Quoting sunrisekn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sunrisekn:

No affect at all. In my opinion, what he lacks in "physical" attraction he more than makes up for in every other areas. I have been treated pretty crappy in the past and when I met him and saw how completely incredible he is, that is what I wanted.

It's kind of hard to explain but it works and I don't look at him think eww, you are ugly, or whatever, when I look at him I see the complete package. He's funny, he's an awesome provider, a terrific father, a great lover, he's caring, considerate, tender, smart, tall, respectful and trustworthy.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)