Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher saves kids in a fire and gets fired!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:37 AM
  • 19 Replies

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/07/23/daycare-teacher-fired-after-extinguishing-fire-at-center/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D348074

What is wrong with the world? This teacher saved those kids lives. People are outragious.  Glad I homeschool and had no use for daycare.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Ironic

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Terrible decision by the boss. I dont think it was smart of her to fire this young lady.

I do find your last sentence to be foolish. Because this happened you assume all day cares and schools are awful. You agree the teacher was in the right yet you think the place is bad.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think that she should have been fired and that putting the fire out was the right thing to do, but its a bit dramatic to say that she saved lives and is a hero for extinguishing burning chicken nuggets.
SyllabaryBisque
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:44 AM

This. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Terrible decision by the boss. I dont think it was smart of her to fire this young lady.

I do find your last sentence to be foolish. Because this happened you assume all day cares and schools are awful. You agree the teacher was in the right yet you think the place is bad.

Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM

The director might have been looking for a reason to fire her for a while. Who knows.

MotherLady
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM
I'd fire her for leaving my child alone in a fire too.
Benjamins-mama
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I am wondering how chicken nuggets caught fire though?    She was fired for leaving the children unattended in a room.   if she was that concerned about the childrens safety she should have gotten them out when she smelled the burning and called 911.      

MamaRae85
by *you're on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I agree with the first part. I think exceptions should be made, specifically for LEAVING TO SAVE THE KIDS LIVES, for cripe's sake. I hope she finds another, AWESOME job. =)

I also have to agree on the second part. It's frustrating to constantly see "this is why I homeschool" on stories like this. If you want to homeschool, fine. I have no issues with it. But if you're going to post something that comes off sounding superior to others, you should spell correctly and use proper grammar, at the very least.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

xomrs.chase
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I'm torn. Say the fire got beyond her control- those kids were alone..
casah4
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure how I feel about this. She left kids alone. That's a HUGE no-no. What if the fire was bigger than she thought and she was harmed. Who would help the kids then? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)