Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that was awkward

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

We got a new neighbor over the weekend.  Last night my daughter and took over a plate of cookies and a local coupon book (You know the ones kids sell at school...we had like 4 extra).  The lady answered the door and stepped outside.  She introduced herself and had a pretty unique last name.  Same last name as a good friend of mine.  We started talking and she was saying how she has two boys and her two stepkids were here for the summer.  About five minutes later her husband stepped out and you guessed it...my friends ex husband.  I had no idea he was moving to my town let alone two doors down.  My daughter was ecstatic because the oldest is one of her good friends. 

I haven't seen my friend in years but we still talk all the time and keep up with each other on FB.  I called her last night to tell her.  Apparently she thought she had told me he was moving here.  Either she didn't or I forgot...either is possible.

But it is going to be so freaking weird living down the street from them.  He cheated on my friend and then married this new girl.  I had never met the new girl.  Should have put two and two together when I heard the name.  But sometimes I am slow. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM

bump

Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Awkward!
TeamTARDIS
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Aww your daughter now has a friend in the neighbourhood! That is cool!
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I think you should do your best to let the past stay in the past and try for a fresh start, especially if your friend already knows and doesn't appear to have a problem with it.

You never know what's going on in someone's home or marriage, especially if you don't see them that often. For all you know, their marriage could have been all shades of broken long before the cheating. Sometimes things just don't work out. Either way, you don't know, so I would personally try my best to not judge for the cheating and look forward.

la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM

no reason why it has to be awkward, unless your friend comes to visit you lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM

We lived near each other when the cheating happened.  I was there through the entire messy divorce.  Now I don't know what was going on in their house.  But I do know that in public he played the doting husband and dad.  Then one day she went to hang up his jacket and found a hotel receipt.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

I think you should do your best to let the past stay in the past and try for a fresh start, especially if your friend already knows and doesn't appear to have a problem with it.

You never know what's going on in someone's home or marriage, especially if you don't see them that often. For all you know, their marriage could have been all shades of broken long before the cheating. Sometimes things just don't work out. Either way, you don't know, so I would personally try my best to not judge for the cheating and look forward.

momma2b2008
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Yeah, that's really awkward!

Does he know you know he cheated on your friend?
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Oh. Then it's just awkward, but I stand behind the leave past in the past part. :) You're gonna be stuck living next to him until one of you moves out and it would be best to enjoy the positives of the situation, such as your oldest's friend being close by and not waste energy on something you can't change.

Quoting Anonymous:

We lived near each other when the cheating happened.  I was there through the entire messy divorce.  Now I don't know what was going on in their house.  But I do know that in public he played the doting husband and dad.  Then one day she went to hang up his jacket and found a hotel receipt.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM
that's fun!!!
sunrisekn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Yes, awkward, but make the best of it. At least your child has a renewed friendship. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)