Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What time do your kids go to bed?

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is just about 10 months. She still cosleeps, once in awhile we will put her in her crib to start but she usually ends up back in our bed by about 1 or 2 am. She doesn't fall asleep until about 10pm, which I suppose is probably our fault because of the cosleeping. I've read most babies by 10 months go to bed by 7 or 8 and sleep all the way through the night. Not our baby, she has a bottle at about 9:30, sleeps til 1:30, has another bottle, back to sleep til 4:30 - another bottle then maybe 2-3 hours more sleep and up by 7:30am. I don't know how to get her to sleep through the night. We do some finger foods for lunch and dinner but she mainly just gets bottles. My husband thinks she need 8oz bottles but she's always full after 5-6oz. I just want her to sleep through the night. I feel like her schedule is off from everyone else's I've seen online, like she doesn't nap until 11am and then her second nap isn't until 3:30 or 4pm. I try to get her down earlier but she doesn't want to. Did you have routines or schedules for your babies? What were they like?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Replies (201-210):
seegrace
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I was just really really lucky with my son.  He started sleeping through the night at about 1 month old.  Just a bottle around 9:30PM and he would sleep through until 6:30AM or so.  (Long time ago!).  As he got older, I have always had an early bed time, especially during the week.  8:30PM to lay down and watch Nick at Night, then TV is off at 9/9:30PM.  He followed that routine for a LONG time.  He is 16 now, so he doesn't really have a "bed time" anymore.. but during the school year, during the week, he goes to sleep around 10:30/11PM.  Weekends he goes to sleep when he goes to sleep lol.  He's pretty responsible, so if he has to work early Sunday morning, he knows to go to sleep around 11 or so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

What? 10 months and still eating during the night???

Are you feeding her enough during the day?

There's no need for that.

I'm not trying to be a rude bitch... Really.

She's to old for that. Break that habit as soon as possible.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM

During the school year, the older one goes to bed at 7:30.  Right now, we let him stay up until 8:00.  

Our 10 month old goes to bed at 8:30, so she gets one on one time with us.  She wakes up at about 8 am, takes a nap at ten, and another at 1:30

BraedynsMom414
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM
My son goes to bed at 8.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahv717
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
My 5 year olds and 2 yr old are all in bed and asleep by 8. They share a room, so we have to put them to bed 1 at a time. As far as your lo....every child is different. Some babies just don't sleep all night....and I didn't cosleep with any of my kids, so I can't help you there...just remember every child is unique and when they are ready to sleep all night, they will.
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Her sleeping pattern is a habit now to wake up and have a bottle that many times. I think you need to feed her more solids during the day, but I would suggest talking to your pediatrician.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM
It's called grazing, it's an unhealthy habit to teach. A 10 month old can be on a schedule.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

I'm sorry but if she's only eating 5-6 oz you need to keep feeding her when she needs to.

Don't force her to overeat because you want sleep or to conform to what society says.

My son bed shares and he goes to bed whenever. I've tried set bed times but it doesn't work.

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
* giggle snort * its actually how are bodies are designed to eat.

She is on a schedule. Just not one that conforms to society.

By forcing her to eat more she will learn to overeat and potentially have food/weight issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called grazing, it's an unhealthy habit to teach. A 10 month old can be on a schedule.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

I'm sorry but if she's only eating 5-6 oz you need to keep feeding her when she needs to.

Don't force her to overeat because you want sleep or to conform to what society says.

My son bed shares and he goes to bed whenever. I've tried set bed times but it doesn't work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
We are not made to graze at night. It causes obesity. Have you never heard of don't eat after 7 pm? I am not saying her baby will be obese.... At this age anyway.
But At 10 she is mature enough to get sustainable nutrition t/ o the day to satisfy for the evening. If she's looking for food she's either not being offered enough, or doing it out of habit. I think it's probably the latter.
It's not about conforming to society. It's about doing what is healthiest for your child. No it's not healthy for her to wake up at 10 months twice and eat. And it's really bad for her oncoming teeth as well.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

By forcing her to eat more she will learn to overeat and potentially have food/weight issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
We are not made to graze at night. It causes obesity. Have you never heard of don't eat after 7 pm? I am not saying her baby will be obese.... At this age anyway.
But At 10 she is mature enough to get sustainable nutrition t/ o the day to satisfy for the evening. If she's looking for food she's either not being offered enough, or doing it out of habit. I think it's probably the latter.
It's not about conforming to society. It's about doing what is healthiest for your child. No it's not healthy for her to wake up at 10 months twice and eat. And it's really bad for her oncoming teeth as well.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)