Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What time do your kids go to bed?

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is just about 10 months. She still cosleeps, once in awhile we will put her in her crib to start but she usually ends up back in our bed by about 1 or 2 am. She doesn't fall asleep until about 10pm, which I suppose is probably our fault because of the cosleeping. I've read most babies by 10 months go to bed by 7 or 8 and sleep all the way through the night. Not our baby, she has a bottle at about 9:30, sleeps til 1:30, has another bottle, back to sleep til 4:30 - another bottle then maybe 2-3 hours more sleep and up by 7:30am. I don't know how to get her to sleep through the night. We do some finger foods for lunch and dinner but she mainly just gets bottles. My husband thinks she need 8oz bottles but she's always full after 5-6oz. I just want her to sleep through the night. I feel like her schedule is off from everyone else's I've seen online, like she doesn't nap until 11am and then her second nap isn't until 3:30 or 4pm. I try to get her down earlier but she doesn't want to. Did you have routines or schedules for your babies? What were they like?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I had less of a "routine" for DS1 due to DH's work schedule (he worked 10a-7p).  We had a routine but it was adjusted a few hours later so DH could spend time with him.

DH's work schedule changed with DS2 to more of a traditional schedule.  Both boys were in bed by 8pm.  DS2 quit napping at a year old.  That about killed me.

momto3boys85
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM

my kids all go to bed at 8pm, they are 7,5, and soon to be 4 years old. 

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM

ds is 8 months old.  he goes to bed at 8:30-9:00.  i put him to bed in his own bed, but he generally wakes up at 1 or 2 expecting some mama/baby cuddle boobie time.  i don't mind co-sleeping, so he sleeps with us the rest of the nigh.  we get up between 7-8.  he takes one long nap late morning (about 2 hours).  other than that, he doesn't nap at all.  it's exhausting!

my 2 yo, on the other hand sleeps A LOT.  she goes to bed at 8:30,  doesn't wake up 'til 10:00 the next morning & then she's ready for a nap at 2ish and will sleep 3+ hours.

julainepw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
All babies are different and some are better sleepers. Sometimes my dd gets up once at night for a feeding/snuggle. She's 6 months and sometimes she sleeps until like 7 or 8. It might be inconvenient but I wouldn't worry about it too much.
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM

My son never took more than one nap unless he was sick or didn't sleep well the night before. By 2 months he was sleeping through the night going to bed around 8-9PM and getting up around 6-7AM. He was a chunk (and had some kidney problems) and was not getting full, so I started putting cereal in his bottle at 3 months. By 6 months he was eating pizza LOL. He is now 4 years old, doesn't take naps and is in bed by 830PM at the LATEST and gets up for preschool at 7-730AM.

Edit: I never coslept. He didn't even sleep in the same room as me.

la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM

7:30, they are 3 and 6 

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
DD is 4, and DS will be 2 on Saturday. They go to bed at 730. DS might sleep through the night 2 or 3 nights a week. Otherwise he wakes up a few times. They wake up at 630 for the day. Both of my kids stopped napping around 15 months
2chillins4me
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM

My daughter is 10 mths also.  She eats dinner at 6, lays down at 9 with all my other children.  All 4 usually asleep by 9:30 and they get up at 8.

ETA: She take 2 naps a day.  11 am and about 3:30 or 4 pm 

CafeMom Tickers
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM

None of my 3 kids slept entirely through the night until they were over a year old. My son didn't sleep through the night until he was almost 3 so, don't worry, there will be a time when your DD sleeps all night but it might not be for a while. None of my kids were co-sleepers.

We do have a routine- Dinner around 5pm, bath at 6:30pm, and then stories from 7-715 pm and my 2 youngest are in bed between 7:30 pm and 8 pm. My oldest will be 9 in November so she gets to stay up until 8:30 pm.

Maybe try to cut out the night bottles and feed her more solid foods? She may be using the bottle as more of a comfort item than actual hunger but check with your pediatrician first.

hazeleyes8204
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Our oldest is 5 and goes to bed usually at 7:30 (especially during the school year), sometimes we let him stay up to 8:00.  The youngest is 22 months and goes to bed right around 8:00.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN