Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What time do your kids go to bed?

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is just about 10 months. She still cosleeps, once in awhile we will put her in her crib to start but she usually ends up back in our bed by about 1 or 2 am. She doesn't fall asleep until about 10pm, which I suppose is probably our fault because of the cosleeping. I've read most babies by 10 months go to bed by 7 or 8 and sleep all the way through the night. Not our baby, she has a bottle at about 9:30, sleeps til 1:30, has another bottle, back to sleep til 4:30 - another bottle then maybe 2-3 hours more sleep and up by 7:30am. I don't know how to get her to sleep through the night. We do some finger foods for lunch and dinner but she mainly just gets bottles. My husband thinks she need 8oz bottles but she's always full after 5-6oz. I just want her to sleep through the night. I feel like her schedule is off from everyone else's I've seen online, like she doesn't nap until 11am and then her second nap isn't until 3:30 or 4pm. I try to get her down earlier but she doesn't want to. Did you have routines or schedules for your babies? What were they like?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Then she's probably doing it out of habit. I would just soothe her back to sleep. 12 months is recommended to stop the bottle and move to a sippy cupso prepare her for that now.

Quoting April620:

I feed her on demand throughout the day, whenever she is hungry. She is in the 80-90% for height and weight...

Quoting Anonymous:

What? 10 months and still eating during the night???

Are you feeding her enough during the day?

There's no need for that.

I'm not trying to be a rude bitch... Really.

She's to old for that. Break that habit as soon as possible.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM

My kids are 6 and 3 and they are in bed by 7:30-8 every night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Mm and btw.... Have you heard of milk mouth!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Um..... its actually normal. You are not just a bitch you are also stupid 

Quoting Anonymous:

dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM
At that age my kids were in bed at 8:30 and slept till 8 or 9 in the morning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I think she is your child and you know what is best for her.  Asking for advice just opens a Pandora's box of criticism and bashing.  If she is happy let it be. wink

garnet83
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM

During the week, between 8:30 and 9. On the weekends, it may be later.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM

2 months: down in his crib for the night between 11pm-midnight. We've had to switch up our shcedule a couple of times since he's born, just adjusting to him. He has been eating right before we eat dinner (6:30ish) and then will sleep 8:30ish-9ish (in his crib). I feed him again and take him downstairs with us where he stays awake for a little while. Then whenever he is ready to eat again I feed him and put him in his crib for the night. Then he'll sleep until about 6-7am.

Our 4 year old goes to bed about 8:30. We try and get a bedtime story in together when his brother is awake.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM

8:30

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

My kids didn't have a very regular schedule until they started school.  I've known people who were more strict.  I'm not one of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM

You're being snarky on purpose right?  No one cares that much about another woman's child she doesn't even know, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN