Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone in your family ever been kidnapped?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I am not talking about someone in your town that you didn't know. or a friend of a friend. But family or someone close to you. Someone that YOU personally knew and worried about after they were missing? I always wonder how I would ever sleep again not knowing where my child was. I don't think I could move on at all. I would be out looking for her all the time.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2threebbz
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Thankfully no...here's a bump for ya.

Blueajah
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM

My sisters and I were playing in the front yard and my mom told us to come inside for dinner. My older sister and I went in but my younger sister decided to keep playing. My mom went out to get her and saw some guy grab her on his motorcycle. My dad chased the guy down and got her back but even to this day I worry that it will happen to my son. We were really lucky that we saw it happening and my dad was able to grab her it could have been so much worse.

mrscass0416
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM

no

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Yes.
My child. But. . It was a non custodial parent kidnapping.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My cousin was kidnapped, missing for 3 months and her remains were found on the side of a highway 2 states over. She was 10.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Wow...  Super scary.  How did that affect your sister?  How old was she?

Quoting Blueajah:

My sisters and I were playing in the front yard and my mom told us to come inside for dinner. My older sister and I went in but my younger sister decided to keep playing. My mom went out to get her and saw some guy grab her on his motorcycle. My dad chased the guy down and got her back but even to this day I worry that it will happen to my son. We were really lucky that we saw it happening and my dad was able to grab her it could have been so much worse.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Not that I know of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Yes.
My child. But. . It was a non custodial parent kidnapping.

Are you the one who has been fighting to get her back? Was it a case of not being returned after a visitation or did he take her from somewhere?
Blueajah
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I thInk we were like 6 she's 10 1/2 months younger than me so we were the same age and she was scared to be outside by herself for awhile but she got over that pretty fast. She did come in when called from then on though.

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM
My mom was when I was young.

Some guy came up behind her at the grocery store, put a gun to her back and told her to get in her car and drive. He saw a picture of my brother and I on my moms keychain and threatened to kill us if she didn't do what he said.

She drove him half way across the country. My mom finally got to a pay phone and called my dad to come get her.

I don't know what happened after that. Other than my mom gets crazy when strangers approach her and gets her phone ready to call the cops. My dad also got my mom a cell phone after that.

I don't know the whole story, like what happened to the guy or any of the details. I was really little when it happened and I don't remember it. I think my dad did a pretty good job of hiding it from us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)