Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I explain to my ex needing cs isn't wanting to take all his $?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies
1 mom liked this
My ex makes substantially more than me. He wouldn't have a career if I didn't put mine on hold to support him when he got his. We are trying to settle cs but we are at a stand still. First, he thinks he shouldn't have to pay me for the next 10 years until dd graduates. Second he says if I remarry he won't pay.

How can I explain that cs isn't about me getting my nails and hair done? Every penny I receive goes to clothes food and having a larger place so she can have her own room.

If I file there will be war with my ex and also he is a great dad outside of cs issue. He also has nearly half custody.

Help me explain!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM
5 moms liked this
Get a lawyer and let him/her fight this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM

if you split 50/50 I don't see why it is necessary to for him to give you any money

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM
3 moms liked this
Don't explain it. Let a judge explain it and he can fight with a judge. Guess who will win.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM
So the child can have the same standard at both homes. He makes more because for the last 10 years I supported him while he launched his career.

Quoting Anonymous:

if you split 50/50 I don't see why it is necessary to for him to give you any money

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Bump.
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Why would he have to pay if he has her half the time?

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Exactly what I was going to say. You don't have to explain anything.

Quoting MommyAddie:

Don't explain it. Let a judge explain it and he can fight with a judge. Guess who will win.

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Typically 50/50 custody means no child support for anyone... Not always just typically.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Explain to him that child support is a small part of his income. It is no more than 20%, but it is based on a state formula. He will not believe you if you tell him that he will owe child support even if you are remarried. I recommend making a clause that he has to be current on child support to claim her every other year as of December 31 of the year to claim her. I recommend getting it garnished from his wages, so the state can keep track of his arrears.

katielovesyou21
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM

get a lawyer go to court let the judge decide. Get it in stone. then he is legally responsible. Also if you where married and dependant you could get alimony.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)