Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My really good friend "Grace" has 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl. I threw her a baby shower when she found out the last one was a girl. She wants to return the favor because now I'm having my 1st girl. I was excited to get a shower because I have since moved 11 hours away and haven't made many friends here yet. My best friend "Abigail" wants to help too, so "Grace" and I told her we'd love to have her help. (They don't know each other but I was hoping this would be a great way for them to meet) Since then, "Abigail" has ignored all phone calls and Facebook messages from "Grace" and it really breaks my heart. The shower is only 2 weeks away. Should I try to talk to "Abigail" or just let "Grace" go ahead and get everything done?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I would ignore Abigail. You have reached out so has Grace. Its up to her to call or get in touch with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM
:( I really hate to because we've grown up together. We've been friends for 21 years. But that may be the best :-/

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would ignore Abigail. You have reached out so has Grace. Its up to her to call or get in touch with you.

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I would let Grace do it, but offer to help. 

-42-
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM
If you've know 'Abigail' so long, and she's your BFF.....ask her point blank wtf is going on.

casah4
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

If Grace was willing to throw the shower in the first place, then she probably feels pretty confident that she can do it on her own.  I would just ignore Abigail and let Grace handle it. It'll probably be easier if she does it herself anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)