• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom's house was sold.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

So I sold my mom's house. She died 3 yrs a ago. Yesterday we closed. I heard the woman buying it already talking about how she can't wait to change it and update. I know it hasn't been updated since the 70's. It just hurt to hear her talking about what she is gonna do. From what I gather her dad is a retired contractor all she has to pay for is material. 

My husband did tell me we can make sure she has the permits and if not we can shut her down.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smushy79
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM
6 moms liked this

If you closed, isnt the house hers?

I know it is hard to see change but please be reasonable.

dalbax2
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM

If you have already closed on the house it is hers to do as she wants.  Your hubby is wrong.  Sorry that you overheard her talking about making changes but nothing you can do about it.

CBMMOM
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
3 moms liked this

Why in the world would you look for ways to make someone's life difficult?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Yes its hers it just hurts.

Quoting smushy79:

If you closed, isnt the house hers?

I know it is hard to see change but please be reasonable.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry about you loss, but how can you expect some one to buy the house and not update it?  By your own admission, it sorely needs updating....  Why would you try to stop some one from doing so?  My DH and I bought the house I grew up in, and we have done extensive work to it; my sister doesn't try to stop me everytime I want to update something - heck she is normally right there offering to help!

CByxbe
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I cannot imagine how hard that is but that would not be fair to punish this women for changing things. This is more hind sight but I would say if that bothers you, you should have rented not sold.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Let it go, if her father is a contractor he will likely have all the permits in order. It's now her house.

la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM

im sorry for your loss and i know it must hurt, but you chose to sell her the house and she is able to do whatever she wants to it now. 

RoxStetz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I know how you feel. It is hard. But, let it go. Let the new owners make their own memories, and turn it into their HOME. No one can take the memories of your Mom away from you. It is just a house, home is in your heart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Well he had the same issue when his parents house was sold. He stopped a lot of stuff. It cost them over $4000 just to put up a fence.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Why in the world would you look for ways to make someone's life difficult?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)