Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom's house was sold.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I sold my mom's house. She died 3 yrs a ago. Yesterday we closed. I heard the woman buying it already talking about how she can't wait to change it and update. I know it hasn't been updated since the 70's. It just hurt to hear her talking about what she is gonna do. From what I gather her dad is a retired contractor all she has to pay for is material. 

My husband did tell me we can make sure she has the permits and if not we can shut her down.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM
4 moms liked this

What your husband did was unacceptable. Once they papers are signed, you walk away for good. I can't imagine doing that to another person over their personal property. It was WRONG. Don't do that to these people. They don't deserve it.

Verrine
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM
5 moms liked this

Both of you are petty for messing with people after they buy the house. You already held onto it for 3 years! Let it go already. The house does not own your memories. If it was so wonderful, why didn't you move in? Oh wait, you wanted stuff that wasn't avocado green and 40 years out of date? 

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Don't shut her down. She purchased the house. She now has every right to do what she wants with it. Reverse the situation- if you were in her position, and you wanted to remodel the house but you had the child of the ex-owner making it extremely difficult for you AFTER you bought the house, that would probably REALLY annoy you.

I'm sorry about your moms passing. My mom passed away in 2007 and I can relate to how real, and hard, the pain is to deal with. But don't take your grief, anger, frustration, and hurt out on someone else. Let the homeowner be happy, and move forward with your life. 

Acid
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM

You no longer own the house.  YOU have no say in what she does to it...which means you can not shut her down if she has no permits. 

You can be assholes and tell on her and the town will stop it.   Of course an adult wouldn't..oh, never mind, an adult would do that.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh FFS move on already.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
You need to let it go. It is now the new owners. She has every right go make it her own. It's hard and sad, but be glad it's someone that wants to take care of the place. That's what your mom would've wanted. Someone who loves the house as much as she did.
CelestialSong
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

If you wanted the house to stay exactly the same, you shouldn't have sold it. It's not your house, it's not your mom's house, it's the new owner's house, and it's her right to do with it what she wants. You really need to let go and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
You and your husband are pathetic losers !!

You you have never sold the houses if you wanted to still say what could and could not happen with them.
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM

if she closed the house is hers to do with what she wants.   I know its hard but if they own the home then they can update it if they want.   there is nothing you or your husband can do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Go to therapy and leave the new home owners alone. The house does not belong to you anymore- you SOLD it. If you wanted to maintain control over it you should have kept ir or rented it out.. Move on. Find another way to express your grief.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)