Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to die!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 24 Replies

We have new directors for the EMS Academy this semester and the previous semester, I was able to wear a short sleeve undershirt and short sleeve uniform shirt.

Now that the new director is VERY into procedure and standards, I have to wear BOTH a long sleeve undershirt and a long sleeve uniform shirt. FML! I swear, I'm ready to get this stupid, ugly tattoo removed! It's on my wrist and you really can't see it, especially if you wear a bandaid, I also live in Florida. GAAAHHH!

Oh well, so goes life.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I'm confused...you have to wear long sleeves because you have a tattoo?

umm.yeah
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Does everyone have to wear long sleeves or just you?  Is it just one tattoo that you have to cover?

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Yeah, on my wrist. Per uniform standard, anyone who has a tattoo extending past their bicep has to wear not only one long sleeve shirt but TWO! One is cotton and the other is polyester. I'm going to die of heat stroke. Thank god I'll be with a bunch of medics and EMTs.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Yeah, one small one that my watch covers relatively well. I've already emailed my director with photos of my tattoo and he said I have to wear them.

Quoting umm.yeah:

Does everyone have to wear long sleeves or just you?  Is it just one tattoo that you have to cover?

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM

LOL, maybe if you pass out they'll make an exception to the rule. But yeah, that really sucks. Would they even be able to tell if you wore a short sleeved undershirt?

Quoting BeAmour:

Yeah, on my wrist. Per uniform standard, anyone who has a tattoo extending past their bicep has to wear not only one long sleeve shirt but TWO! One is cotton and the other is polyester. I'm going to die of heat stroke. Thank god I'll be with a bunch of medics and EMTs.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Oh god I would die...I'm a winter baby so heat kills me. You poor girl...
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Yeah, they would. Our undershirt is a dark navy blue and our uniform shirt is tan.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

LOL, maybe if you pass out they'll make an exception to the rule. But yeah, that really sucks. Would they even be able to tell if you wore a short sleeved undershirt?

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Last time I had to order long sleeves and I wore them for a week and a half and I was DYING. I was so hot and sweaty just sitting in the classroom and doing our labs. I tore everything off when I got out to my car after school. The director, at the time, also had tattoos and said anyone could wear short sleeves.

Quoting Crymsm:

Oh god I would die...I'm a winter baby so heat kills me. You poor girl...

Kitschy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM

cover it with makeup. They have makeup for tattoos. If it's small and hard to see anyway, you'll be fine.

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Nope, still won't work. I have to wash my hands A LOT during class. The tattoos is mainly black. It's a coverup. I'm SO ready to get this removed!

Quoting Kitschy:

cover it with makeup. They have makeup for tattoos. If it's small and hard to see anyway, you'll be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)