• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

were you nervous sending your child to school the very first time?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I was not nervous with my oldest, but she had been in daycare since she was a baby. My youngest is starting school this year and im a nervous wreck. She said she cant wait for school to start and keeps asking how many days for school.

I still see her as a toddler and not a 5 year old. I dont think shes ready. When my mom would take her to church she would cry and they had to put her in her sisters class even though they are 4 years apart.

I really want to call and see if kindergarten is mandatory. Im not ready, maybe she really is idk. I told her she wont be able to go to sissys class and trying to get her prepared. But im not really sure.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Bump
SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM

No just a little sad that she was growing up, she was four during prek and she was like "bye mom see you later".

la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM

my DD went to private school for kindergarten, at the place she had gone to pre-k, so this year its first grade, her first year in public school, on the school bus etc. and i am so nervous about it. 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Yes I was nervous. I

casah4
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM

With my oldest, yes. She was a very shy, reserved child who didn't make friends easily. WIth my second, not so much. She was so outgoing and friendly and READY to go.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Heck I started crying after I finished registering her for elementary so  the first day I predict LOTS of tears!

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM

My first I was but I was also 7 months pregnant when she started preschool. So I was emotional already. But once she started kindergarten no. I knew how much fun she would have, friends she would make, things she would learn and all the great stroy's I would hear about. My wasn't for my second either. I knew it was good for her to start preschool. She is very attached to me and we struggled with that for a bit. But they teachers were great and worked with us. Yes it was hard to see her crying and wanting to cling to me. But I know it is good for us both.

Benjamins-mama
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I would never hold my kids back just because I wasn't ready.   the fact that she is showing an interest and is excited you should let her go.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)