Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wait..THIS makes me a 'bad mom'

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Someone told me I am a bad mom because I am making DS and DD reuse their backpacks from last year. DS (entering grade 2) has a bright green one with a skull. DD (entering grade 1) has a purple one with peace signs on it.
They are still in excellent shape, just need to be washed, so what's the point in buying new ones?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM

You will hear lots of things people will say you are a bad parent. Everyone has there own views. What ever as long as I know what I am doing is best for our family. I don't care what they say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I guess I'm a bad mom too.

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I'd make DD reuse her. but somehow hers got all tore up and stuff...sooo I bought her a new one lol

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Why do you care what others say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM

My dd got a new on this year, but that's because the one my mother bought her last year fell apart. Not because my dd was rough on it or anything but because my mom bought her a cute one with matching lunch box and it just wasn't durable (the lunch box fell apart too) So bought her a brand new one this year but she's going to try her very best to make it last for the next 3yrs (middle school).

I think it's fine for kids to reuse backpacks/book bags if they are still in good shape.

PaganKitty67
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Dialing.......

Quoting zoegirlsmom:

My kids are on the third or fourth year with theirs, maybe someone should call CPS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Some people really like to nitpick about dumb shit...
delilahsmom1177
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM

DD wil be reusing hers as well. 

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM
It certainly doesn't make you a bad mom, but it's fun and exciting to pick out new school digs! Especially when they're that little.
3boysngirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM
My kids r using there's from last year just have to buy my 5 year old one cause he's just starting school for the first time is I guess I'm a bad mom as well;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN