Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wait..THIS makes me a 'bad mom'

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Someone told me I am a bad mom because I am making DS and DD reuse their backpacks from last year. DS (entering grade 2) has a bright green one with a skull. DD (entering grade 1) has a purple one with peace signs on it.
They are still in excellent shape, just need to be washed, so what's the point in buying new ones?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
cindilou13
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM

That's stupid.  My DS does need a new one because it's simply worn out.  DD is using the same one she had last year. 

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Oh heck yes, if backpacks are still in good condition you most certainly should reuse them! That would be absurd if buying a new backpack is makes you a good mom. Good for you for saving money!

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I would think that anyone who called you a bad mom for that needs to have their brain checked out and I wouldn't worry about what they said bc they are obviously a moron.

amberleh
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I always re-used mine till they died! Lol, and my parents always got me durable ones, so they usually lasted years.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I only buy mine new ones if the old ones are damaged beyond repair.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Lol. I wish there were more "bad" moms like you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM
My oldest needs a new one but my youngest will be reusing his.
LokisMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM

That's just stupid.

If my son's backpack survived the year, he'd be reusing it too. I bought his from walmart last year though, because he just HAD to have the Star Wars: The Clone Wars backpack. :-p  It fell apart half way through the year.

twade26
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I guess I am a bad mom also.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Nope not a bad mom. My sons backpack is in excellent condition but he will be getting a new one just because it is a new year. My parents did the same with us. You always get new every year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured