Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me please. I feel like i am going to lose it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

ds6 wont listen to his father at all. I dont know why. I have taken everything away from him. I have stripped his room for not listening and non stop lying. He back talks and gets in trouble but it doesnt phase him. I take away his stuff it bothers for 5 minutes and then he his back to his old ways. I dont know what to do. I am crying over this. This is not the boy i know. 

I feel ready to give up. 

Please dont bash me i just dont know what to do anymore

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Hugs mama. I feel like that's how dd8 has been too. I'm also at my wits end, good luck.

funlovinlady
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM

My dd went through a period like that, what worked for us is everytime she acted out she sat on a bench in the corner. No talking no anything if she did more time was added. It took us two days and we broke her of her nasty ways. I'm not saying it will work for you but take a breathe momma, raising kids isn't a cakewalk. You're doing what you can. * hugs*

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Do you give his stuff back? If so, keep it until he learns. Give time outs, make him stand in the corner. Find a punishment that he absolutely hates, so that it's a deterrant.

So sorry you're going through it. My 4 y/o is stubborn (like me) and I know it's extremely frustrating at times. However, sitting in time out works for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM

i feel like i am starting to hate him. i cant stand this. 

i dont want to come home from work cuz i know what will happen. 

he wanted to go to the park today and now hes not. 

he wanted to go swimming and now hes not

he is in the process of taking all his toys out of his room. he has nothing but his tv

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Hugs mama. I feel like that's how dd8 has been too. I'm also at my wits end, good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

i feel like im drowning

Quoting funlovinlady:

My dd went through a period like that, what worked for us is everytime she acted out she sat on a bench in the corner. No talking no anything if she did more time was added. It took us two days and we broke her of her nasty ways. I'm not saying it will work for you but take a breathe momma, raising kids isn't a cakewalk. You're doing what you can. * hugs*

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Are you and his father together?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM

ive taken away. hes stood in the corner. hes had time outs. i even spanked, and im not a spanker. 

nothing is working

Quoting smorgan865:

Do you give his stuff back? If so, keep it until he learns. Give time outs, make him stand in the corner. Find a punishment that he absolutely hates, so that it's a deterrant.

So sorry you're going through it. My 4 y/o is stubborn (like me) and I know it's extremely frustrating at times. However, sitting in time out works for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM

yes

Quoting KaylinC03:

Are you and his father together?

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Not the right form of punishment. Dd we would put in time out in a chair and that didn't phase her. We started making her stand at the wall, leaning with only her forehead touching and she fucking hates that!!! We do spank when necessary too but honestly time out affects her more. Best of luck.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Big big hugs to you. I know exactly what you mean and how you feel. It's the worst feeling in the world. I'm here if you need/want to talk mama.

Quoting Anonymous:

i feel like i am starting to hate him. i cant stand this. 

i dont want to come home from work cuz i know what will happen. 

he wanted to go to the park today and now hes not. 

he wanted to go swimming and now hes not

he is in the process of taking all his toys out of his room. he has nothing but his tv

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)