Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be concerned? Preterm labor.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I am super paranoid of going into preterm labor.  My son was born at 36 weeks, so I'm afraid of it happening again.  Last time, I never actually went into labor, I just had massive bleeding.  Anyway, I've been having menstrual like cramping and I've been having discharge (which I haven't had so far).  I don't think I've had any contractions, though, I don't really know what they feel like.  The cramps just feel like normal menstrual cramps - no tightening of the uterus. 

I have a doctor's appointment in a few hours, so I will bring it up to them, I'm just wondering if any of you went into preterm labor and had these signs and no contractions.  Should I be concerned?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
melschlegs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM

My labor felt like menstrual cramps to me - I never really noticed a "contraction-like" feeling.  I would go in NOW, honestly, because they may be able to stop the preterm labor, if you get in early enough.  Your symptoms sound synonymous with preterm labor.  They can also give you a medication to speed up the development of your lo's lungs, so even if it does come early, the lung development may speed up enough so that your baby won't have to spend time in the NICU.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Thanks for the info.  I hope it's not the case :(  I'm just shy of 30 weeks.

Quoting melschlegs:

My labor felt like menstrual cramps to me - I never really noticed a "contraction-like" feeling.  I would go in NOW, honestly, because they may be able to stop the preterm labor, if you get in early enough.  Your symptoms sound synonymous with preterm labor.  They can also give you a medication to speed up the development of your lo's lungs, so even if it does come early, the lung development may speed up enough so that your baby won't have to spend time in the NICU.  

melschlegs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Oh, geeze, that's rough!  I went into preterm labor twice, actually, the first time at 25 weeks.  It's terrifying!  If you don't go in right away, definitely tell your doctor, or even call before hand to let them know what's going on.  I hope it's not that, though!  Maybe bh?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for the info.  I hope it's not the case :(  I'm just shy of 30 weeks.

Quoting melschlegs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)