Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my pathetic confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My husband is into healthy and prefers all the groceries be organic and if there are deserts in the house that they be homemade. I'm an eater when I'm depressed and an apple or dried bananas dont cut it. I have entenmanns and oreos and BBQ chips stashed throughout the house and slowly gained weight.
I went from 112 at 5'5" to 167.
I found some decent replacements to some of my cravings and am now at 132. Instead of my BBQ chips I grab a handful of planters honey BBQ peanuts or honey roasted for my sweet tooth. I know they aren't the healthiest but its a step.
But I just unfolded some oreos from a towel in the linen closet and I'm debating opening them. Because I'm upset over something I know the whole package will be eaten if I do. So instead of opening them I am posting this and will give them to the neighbors kids who eats them
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Sometimes sugar cravings can be a sign of something else. Is this the way you have always been or is this new? If it's new you may want to get some blood work. It can be a sign of overactive yeast in your gut. Yeast feeds off sugar. BTW, I think honey bbq peanuts are not any better than the chips.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
More filling though. I take a palm full versus 2 bags of greasy lays

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes sugar cravings can be a sign of something else. Is this the way you have always been or is this new? If it's new you may want to get some blood work. It can be a sign of overactive yeast in your gut. Yeast feeds off sugar. BTW, I think honey bbq peanuts are not any better than the chips.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Also its not really physical but emotional. I wanna fill the empty pit I feel :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

HelloSweetie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Im sorry, that must be a horrible feeling. Good for you for saying no to the whole package. Can you have only one or two or is it too hard to stop- better to avoid?

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I know that pit all too well.  Counseling has helped but it is still not perfect.

It's not a pathetic confession, it's a realistic confession.  You are reaching out for help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I cannot. Ill eat til I'm sick

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Im sorry, that must be a horrible feeling. Good for you for saying no to the whole package. Can you have only one or two or is it too hard to stop- better to avoid?

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I just heard that sniffing vanilla can help calm sugar cravings. Not sure how true that is though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
IMO that's BS lol

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I just heard that sniffing vanilla can help calm sugar cravings. Not sure how true that is though. 

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Probably is.

I always laughed at biggest loser when they said chew a stick of gum for a sweet craving. Sorry but if i want a cookie.. i want a cookie not a piece of gum that taste like a cookie. . .which is why I am overweight & working on losing weight *sigh*

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO that's BS lol

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

"Born for the blue skies, We'll survive the rain. Born for the sunrise, We'll survive the pain" Switchfoot

la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM

chuck them, GMOs have been linked to all kinds of diseases. not worth it 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)