Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you call your MIL?

Posted by   + Show Post

I call my MIL Mrs. Stephanie (her first name) and my FIL Mr. Michael.

My DH calls my parents Mrs. Lisa and Mr. Tommy.

I find it really strange when people call their MIL by just their first name. I was raised to call someone older than me Mr. or Mrs. until they tell me not to use Mr. or Mrs.

Are you the same way, or more casual with using just their first name or a nickname?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
acb4415
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Haha, yes I am as Southern as you can get!

Quoting jenaree:

I call her by her first name. I would not be comfortable with Mom (too familiar) or Mrs. -- (too formal). My husband calls my parents by their first names as well.

Are you from the south?

Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Bitch..  I dont call her anything because we dont have anything to do with her. When we did I used her name

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Mom

dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Either mom and dad or by their first names. My husband calls my parents mom and dad as well.
melissaaytes
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Mama...or Vickie :)  Love my own mama, but MIL is like a 2nd to me!!!  I have been in the family for 8 years and used to work for her (she was my GM at the restaurant I worked at) so we are extremely close!!  Most of the time she talks to me more than her son haha!  She has been driving me nuts throughout this pregnancy though...like saying "what are WE going to name the baby..." I am like no WE will not name the baby anything, Chris and I will name the baby whatever we want :)  Isn't it enough that our 3 yo dd has your middle name!!

mamalynnsmith
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I call my mother in law mom. Ihave been married to her son almost 19 years. And she treats me like i am her daughter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Nothing. Haven't talked to her in 3 years and don't give a shit if I ever do again. That goes for the bitch SILs and BILs.
Actually getting divorced so I don't have to deal with their stupidity or shit anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
You must be from the south.

I call my dh's mother 'mom' . I call his stepmom by her first name .
He calls my mother 'mom' too. My father just passed away , but DH called him Pop and still refers to him that way.
acb4415
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I also call DH's grandparents by the names DH calls them. Mimi, PawPaw, Granny, and Grandpa and he calls my grandparents by the names I call them. Mom, Pop, Granny, and Pop

Quoting Baileysmom1029:

I just call her Danna and my husbands grandparents I call them granny and papa.

jbcmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I call my MIL Mrs. Phyllis and my FIL Mr. Joe. My parents were deceased before I met my dh. I've been with my dh for 25 yrs and I still address them that way. So does my SIL and she's been with her dh for about 23 yrs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)