Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it so hard to find a damn hotel room?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 7 Replies
Actually I do know why it's so hard, its a tourist town.

My SO is down in Corpus Christi for work and he gets 140 per diem while he's there working but the hotels are more expensive than that and are super hard to come by. Hell one place wanted 599 a night! No way is he going to pay that much, he has to stay there 18 days.

I can't wait till school starts again so he can find a cheaper decent hotel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM
ive from cc where is he working, what area are y'all looking at hotel rooms?
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM
He is working in ingelside so he's tried finding a hotel that's not 40 miles away but he's just not having much luck.

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Sometimes you can call the hotel itself and explain you going to be there for business and it will be for more then seven days and they will give you. A cheaper rate. My husband does this for his job. He can normally get rates drop a good amount but he is also staying in the hotel for more then 30 days most times.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM
He's called some places, the problem is that its summer time and everyone is down at the beach and he needs a room now for 8 days. There just isn't much availability. When I check hotels.com or Priceline or even a hotel chains website they don't have available rooms.

Quoting KelliansMom:

Sometimes you can call the hotel itself and explain you going to be there for business and it will be for more then seven days and they will give you. A cheaper rate. My husband does this for his job. He can normally get rates drop a good amount but he is also staying in the hotel for more then 30 days most times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM
He might have to have a bit if a drive then for work.

Quoting Roxygurl:

He's called some places, the problem is that its summer time and everyone is down at the beach and he needs a room now for 8 days. There just isn't much availability. When I check hotels.com or Priceline or even a hotel chains website they don't have available rooms.

Quoting KelliansMom:

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM
with him being right on the beach it is going to be hard if not impossible to find anything cheap without a commute. has he looked at aranses pass? its the next city over.

Quoting Roxygurl:

He is working in ingelside so he's tried finding a hotel that's not 40 miles away but he's just not having much luck.

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I think I looked at Aransas pass but there wasn't rooms

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

with him being right on the beach it is going to be hard if not impossible to find anything cheap without a commute. has he looked at aranses pass? its the next city over.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)