• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do parents with big families find time?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have been getting really frustrated lately. I have 3 girls 5yr old and younger, not even in school yet until this fall, and there is so much that always need done that I can never find time to weed the front yard. sounds stupid but we moved into this house last fall and now theres all these millions of plants sprouting everywhere. it looks awful and i cant seem to find even a smidgen of time to try to keep up with it.

then i got to thinking this morning about a family i knew growing up - who had 15 kids, homeschooled, house looked decently clean all the time, and still found time to garden and raise goats and the like and took the animals to fair competitions. If they could have all those kids and do all those things, why can't I find time with 3 kids to weed the front yard?? 

I feel like crap. how do people do it???

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
5babies757
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I don't know. I have 5 and my house never looks spotless unless they're all at school :)
la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

they got some of those kids to do the work lol, your kids can help with weeding, mine help with the yard work, they are 6 and 3. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Well what are you doing today that you can't weed? After lunch take all the kids outside with you and get it done. You will feel so much better once it is not hanging over your head anymore!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)