Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My work isn't giving me my over time pay!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

Mobile Photo

So I work at taco bell 6 nights a week, I was looking at my clock out receipt to see that I worked 41.19 hours this week, granted it's only one hour of overtime but it's the point. It says my week to date overtime is 0! I know by law they have to pay me overtime for that one hour but they aren't!
I work tonight and plan to bring this up with my manager. My co worker decided to brag last night saying he some how has 15hrs of over time but worked less then me this week. He said he has no idea how he got it but of course won't say anything.

I don't want to come off as demanding but this isn't right and makes me fear that if I don't bring it up I could more then just one hour over next time and not get paid for it again.

I was googleing taco bell overtime and saw many lawsuits against them for deleting hours they worked.

I posted a pic of my receipt
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
When Dh worked at McDonald's the policy was that they only paid overtime when they went over 80 hours per two week pay period. Maybe taco hell has the same sort of policy?

And tbh with you, they don't have to pay you extra for overtime unless it specifically says so in your wages and benefits explanation.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
That sucks. For sure bring it up

At my job I'm not allowed to get overtime. I got 5 minutes one time and paniced because I thought either 1) my hours would be cut or 2) id have a stern talking to
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
But that wouldn't explain my co workers 15hrs of overtime he was only at 50hrs for the two weeks and I know he didn't get it from the daily overtime

Quoting shadow_lark:

When Dh worked at McDonald's the policy was that they only paid overtime when they went over 80 hours per two week pay period. Maybe taco hell has the same sort of policy?

And tbh with you, they don't have to pay you extra for overtime unless it specifically says so in your wages and benefits explanation.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Never be afraid to bring up discrepancies in your pay/time sheet.
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I have no idea. Sounds like there was a mix up in the system. Don't be afraid to bring it up. You doing so politely may save them an investtigation from state L&I

Quoting Anonymous:

But that wouldn't explain my co workers 15hrs of overtime he was only at 50hrs for the two weeks and I know he didn't get it from the daily overtime

Quoting shadow_lark:

AuntieM
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
In my state any thing over 40 hours a week is overtime. State law and companies can't override that. Might be different in your state.
Vamp
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM

dont do the overtime then

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Ya I was googleing it to make sure I knew my facts before going and talking to them and found many lawsuits against them for not paying overtime.

Quoting shadow_lark:

I have no idea. Sounds like there was a mix up in the system. Don't be afraid to bring it up. You doing so politely may save them an investtigation from state L&I

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Its not intentional, my nights very to when ever we get done, some times we get done at 3:30am sometimes 4:45am, it depends on how busy we are.

Quoting Vamp:

dont do the overtime then

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM

What state are you in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)