Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What career did you give up to become a SAHM?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 100 Replies

DH wants me to become a SAHM, since I only work part time anyway. Beside our babysitter is asking for more money, we already pay her $125 a week for our 7 month old & 3 year old and she work for us part time. But, I'm torn I love my job as an Correctional Officer, of course I love my kids more. I don't know if we can afford to on just DH paycheck, he's an RN in a Cancer Center making $38 an hour but he'll have to pay for EVERYTHING by himself, IDK if I like that.

Ladies, what career did you give up to become a SAHM? Do you plan on going back to work anytime soon?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Cashier. lol
RelaxedMom2-3
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Nursing. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I worked in the front office of a private medical practice.  I waited 13 years to become a parent and no amount of $$ was more important than me raising our son.  Of course I did tell hubby if he wanted to be the one to stay home that I was fine w/that too so long as ONE of us was home w/the baby.  I would not change a thing!

2Sparrows4ever
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Bookkeeper, but it was easy for me to walk away, I hated it, especially during tax season
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I didn't give up anything. I got laid off a month an half before my first was born. I wanted to be a SAHM and thought we couldn't afford it. We found out that I could and that is what I did.

Two years ago I took in a family of three girls. At first it was to help ends meet. Know it is extra cash. My girls have playmates Mon and Tuesday and a bit on Thursday. Sometimes a bit more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

A promising career as a manager at Sonic! :P

Sweetie1216
by ♥Dominique♥ on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I used to love working at wal-mart, meeting a lot of new people, fun co-workers and good discounts Bring back good college memories :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Cashier. lol

NewInChrist
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I quit culinary school...
Blondemommy64
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Banker

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Did they up the Discount? Because when Iw as there, it was 10%.

Quoting Sweetie1216:

I used to love working at wal-mart, meeting a lot of new people, fun co-workers and good discounts Bring back good college memories :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Cashier. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured