Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year old not buckled up in car or in booster seat!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

My Step MIL has a 3 yo son and when we go somewhere he is never buckled up. He just jumps in the car sits in the seat and off they go. and its not like going down the street, its like going to town which is 30 miles away!

I have only seen him in his booster seat a few times and most of the time he is not buckled, just sitting there. I always buckle my DS up and myself too. I just dont see how SMIL does not care that her 3yo is not buckled.  

She has said that he is mature for his age and he behaves very well and doesnt need to be buckled. WHAT??? The other day when we went to town this kid was all over the car! I was terrifed for him.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

BUMP

Chan_Brawner88
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Wow... That's dumb of her. He's way too young. She could at least buckle him up! Maybe find some you tube videos of the baby crash test dummies not restrained at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Some people just refuse to use safety measures because 'it won't happen to them'.  Idiotic.  Find out what the laws are and give her a copy.  If she still won't comply report it to CPS.  It's child endangerment.

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Not your kid, not your business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Thanks! I think I will, but she is one of those "know it all" moms. Nothing anything anyone tells her about her kids she listens too. Her 11 year old has some sort of ASD but she refuses to have him checked out just to see and her 3 year old while he can talk he is VERY hard to understand and he will be 4 in Sept. I just feel bad for these kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Its my step brother and I think his safety as his step sister is a little bit of my business especially since my DS 2 is around him so much

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

If you cared that much, you would have already reported it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its my step brother and I think his safety as his step sister is a little bit of my business especially since my DS 2 is around him so much

Quoting Leissaintexas:

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Call the police on her when you know where she is going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)