• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

errr so irritated with lazy husband *vent*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I'm a SAHM with a 3 year old and another baby due any day now. My husband and I were in agreement that we didn't want our children raised in a daycare.So I gave up my Banking job when we got pregnant with our first daughter. He works at least 4 days a week shift work so when he's off I let him sleep in the first day till he gets up on his own...I do the housekeeping,take care of or daughter, pay all the bills, and cook every meal( as I should)...but now that I'm due any day and already dilated 3 weeks early I need a little help sometimes with our 3 yr old...like last night when she needed a drink and my hips were on fire I tried 3 times to wake him up (since he's off)...but of course like always he "didn't hear me"...I see no freaking reason why he can't help me with our kid when he's not working and the fact we're about to have a new born has me soooo irritated with him. I'm tired to, I'd rather not get up and walk across the house but I'm the one who does it all 24\7 when he's at work so where my tiny break? Ughhh rant over

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Daycares raise children?
la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

i knew someone was going to go here lol. my kids are in daycare, but they are in no way being raised by them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Daycares raise children?

la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

op, talk to your husband, tell him you need some help 

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Can't help with the hubby, but commiserate with the hip fires :-/ Soooo not fun.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you sat him down and told him how you feel? And daycares don't raise children FFS.
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

My dh was the same way. We have a very traditional arrangement, he works, I'm the mom. Kids are my job, not his. I was 38 wks, with a 21 month old, and doing it all, no help. It happens. You just gotta suck it up and do it. You'll get through it.

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I have the same issue.  When I decided to stay at home my husband took it as a free ride to not have to do anything around the house and sleep or play xbox almost any time he isn't at work.  It is infuriating.  If he is going to be making a mess he needs to be cleaning it up.  This is a big factor in the destruction of our marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

having my child at a daycare from 7-5 instead of with me 5 days a week is what I'm referring to...I have had this talk with him soo many times I can't count...Im to the point now where I'm going to get a damn whistle or something to blow in his ear and see if he can hear that lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I work full time and do all the cleaning, cooking, raising children, bill paying, etc. It could be worse.

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
My husband seems to feel similar. But he doesn't play video games. He finds stuff to do to where he can't help me with anything. He has to work on his bike, or rearrange the freaking shed, whatever it takes to check out.

Quoting Kellileanne:

I have the same issue.  When I decided to stay at home my husband took it as a free ride to not have to do anything around the house and sleep or play xbox almost any time he isn't at work.  It is infuriating.  If he is going to be making a mess he needs to be cleaning it up.  This is a big factor in the destruction of our marriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)