Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michigan accent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I just read this article

http://melbel.hubpages.com/hub/Michigan-Accent

I always thought everyone else spoke oddly, when I went out of state. Apparently it's me :( Lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ThreeReasons123
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
My husband is from Detroit, I always told him he sounds like a southerner lol. Of course, I'm from bahhhhstin so what do I know about accents lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol. I reading about the crayons.

I didn't know that it was pronounced any other way. I thought it was crans. lol.

Quoting ThreeReasons123:

My husband is from Detroit, I always told him he sounds like a southerner lol. Of course, I'm from bahhhhstin so what do I know about accents lol

ThreeReasons123
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
It took me a long time to understand him , my kids too, when he offered them pop and a sucker they were so confused lol

With me it was ruts instead of rooooots lol I was like you tripped over a what now? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I think I say root. Lol, not rut

well more like roo-drop the t

lol. I am having a little fun saying words and seeing if it's the "correct" way of saying it. lol.
but when I go out of town and I ask where the nearest party store is, people look at me like I'm crazy.

Quoting ThreeReasons123:

It took me a long time to understand him , my kids too, when he offered them pop and a sucker they were so confused lol

With me it was ruts instead of rooooots lol I was like you tripped over a what now? Lol

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

OH MY GOD. I say all of these. Except  "lookit." I hate lookit. I can't stand when people around here substitute the t sound for the d sound. Drives me nuts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)