Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need to make some friends who aren't broke!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I ended up going to college, getting good jobs, and do very well for ourselves.
We have quite a bit of disposable income each month.

I love my friends I've had since high school, but none of them really followed the path I did. They're always broke. We still have girls nights where we just get together, talk and make a couple drinks at someone's house. But that's usually all they can afford to do.

There's a concert I want to go to tonight. Dh has to work and none of my friends can afford to go with me. I offered to buy the tickets, but then they need money for dinner and gas to get here. (I live about a half hour away from my hometown).

I have a hard time meeting people at work that I can go out with because they're all 20+ years older than me and mostly guys!

So what can I do?? Neither of the kids are in kindergarten yet. We moved to this town about a year ago, and I feel like I haven't met anyone!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
eykelley
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I hear ya momma!
I don't have a lot of extra money, but I generally habe plenty for a good night out w/ my friends. Except none of them ever have any money... EVER! :(
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I've met some really good friends on cm. When we discovered we lived close we made plans to meet.
bbyB10
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Yeah I went thru that , I dont work anymore so I am broke again lol I was at my job for 8 years here in L.A cali lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet it's a double edged sword. If I don't pay, I don't see them that often. =/ this sucks

Quoting bbyB10:

I know how u feel it sucks and I always ended up paying for someone else ALWAYS , it gets very old and annoying over time =/////

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
My friends all grew up in middle class to upper middle class homes like I did.
But most of them ended up marrying broke ass guys and not going on to college after we graduated.

I don't blame them, but we've had a definite split in living situations in the past 2 years

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why we only have friends that live much like we do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM
The closest I've found so far is about 3 hours away!

Quoting justinnaimee:

I've met some really good friends on cm. When we discovered we lived close we made plans to meet.
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Your title made feel dyslexic for a moment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM
And you can have a good night out for pretty reasonable if you go to the right places!

We've done wine tastings and stuff like that before...

Quoting eykelley:

I hear ya momma!

I don't have a lot of extra money, but I generally habe plenty for a good night out w/ my friends. Except none of them ever have any money... EVER! :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Why? I can write it out better if I need to

Quoting CBMMOM:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Are you sure your educated? "I need some to make..." that makes no sense.
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? I can write it out better if I need to

Quoting CBMMOM:

Read it out loud. Not how you think you wrote it,but how you actually wrote it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)