Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need to make some friends who aren't broke!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I ended up going to college, getting good jobs, and do very well for ourselves.
We have quite a bit of disposable income each month.

I love my friends I've had since high school, but none of them really followed the path I did. They're always broke. We still have girls nights where we just get together, talk and make a couple drinks at someone's house. But that's usually all they can afford to do.

There's a concert I want to go to tonight. Dh has to work and none of my friends can afford to go with me. I offered to buy the tickets, but then they need money for dinner and gas to get here. (I live about a half hour away from my hometown).

I have a hard time meeting people at work that I can go out with because they're all 20+ years older than me and mostly guys!

So what can I do?? Neither of the kids are in kindergarten yet. We moved to this town about a year ago, and I feel like I haven't met anyone!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Replies (61-65):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM
That would be nice! Too bad that would be a long drive :)

I text one of dh's best female friends. We've never really hung out without him, but she seems excited to go. And he's excited that I'm trying to make friends with her

Quoting kattcooper:

This is my situation exactly! It has got to the point where I just stop hanging out with people who make less money because it is always an issue!! I don't want to always pay for my friends to be able to hang out with them!

I wish you lived in Alberta Canada, we could do lunch together haha!
vboatner
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM

That sucks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried a cm group In the area. But it hasn't been active for quite awhile... :(

Quoting vboatner:

Have you looked for mom groups in your area? Or looked on CM for moms around your area? My problem is not friends having no money, it is them not realizing that I cannot just drop everything to go do something with them like I could 8 years ago. They do not realize that my family and children come above all else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I was talking to Dh about it and he had a couple friends of his that he suggested.

We've always hung out as couples. I've never even considered asking them to do something without the guys. Lol, I just called one of them and she's going to the concert with me tonight. It could be a good change :)

Quoting vboatner:

That sucks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried a cm group In the area. But it hasn't been active for quite awhile... :(

Quoting vboatner:

Have you looked for mom groups in your area? Or looked on CM for moms around your area? My problem is not friends having no money, it is them not realizing that I cannot just drop everything to go do something with them like I could 8 years ago. They do not realize that my family and children come above all else.

eykelley
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I had coupons for $4 bowling for 6 people,, & attempted to get friends together for it. I heard the same as usual. We can't afford food or drinks or gas. Ugh

Quoting Anonymous:

And you can have a good night out for pretty reasonable if you go to the right places!

We've done wine tastings and stuff like that before...

Quoting eykelley:

I hear ya momma!

I don't have a lot of extra money, but I generally habe plenty for a good night out w/ my friends. Except none of them ever have any money... EVER! :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Wow... That's an awesome price. This concert tonight is at the county fair. Lol. It's 7 bucks for admission and grandstand is includes.... It's insane

Quoting eykelley:

I had coupons for $4 bowling for 6 people,, & attempted to get friends together for it. I heard the same as usual. We can't afford food or drinks or gas. Ugh

Quoting Anonymous:

And you can have a good night out for pretty reasonable if you go to the right places!

We've done wine tastings and stuff like that before...

Quoting eykelley:

I hear ya momma!

I don't have a lot of extra money, but I generally habe plenty for a good night out w/ my friends. Except none of them ever have any money... EVER! :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN