Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not really.

Hiw old are your kidd and do they have their own library card?

In my county they have a special card for youngsters. We're taking my son today because he's done so good taking care of his room and things (we wanted him to be good with that so he didnt damage the library books) and he's going to check out his first books!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Our library won't issue one till a child is 7, which I think is wrong. My kids waited for their seventh birthday and a library card like most kids wait till their 16th and a drivers license LOL!  They were so excited.  We go once a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM
You're missing the point of a library.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Why? They have had no need to go. They have acess to their schools. 2 nooks and a tablet and well over 200 books in their room. Hell my 12 year old is the ONLY child in his teacher ar class that have read dantes inferno....

Quoting Leissaintexas:

How have they never been to a library?  I find that heartbreaking.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

12 and 6 and no they don't have one and they have never been to the public library.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

My kids are 4, 7 and 10. Yes, they have cards. Lately though, I have heard of bedbug outbreaks in library books (not here, but the thought skeeves me. Lol) so since we have a card, we use an app through out local library to check out books.

la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

i was wondering what could possibly be dramtic about library cards lol. 

my oldest is 6, she got hers when she was 5 her kindergarten class would take regular field trips to the library, which is right near the school. she still uses it outside of school as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Every child needs the library.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

No they just have no need to visit it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously? Do you live in the middle of nowhere or something?

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

12 and 6 and no they don't have one and they have never been to the public library.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

They all get a card on their 5th bday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Yes, she

s had her own card for years and she's 11 right now.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

No im not.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're missing the point of a library.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Why? They have had no need to go. They have acess to their schools. 2 nooks and a tablet and well over 200 books in their room. Hell my 12 year old is the ONLY child in his teacher ar class that have read dantes inferno....

Quoting Leissaintexas:

How have they never been to a library?  I find that heartbreaking.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Photobucket

Logan_Bellasmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

No they dont.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Every child needs the library.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

No they just have no need to visit it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously? Do you live in the middle of nowhere or something?

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Photobucket

Momtogirls0823
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I love ours, too, and not just b/c dh works there!  They have so many activities for the kids it's awesome!  We also have a big, beautiful library.  Everytime we go my dds have to go walk around the whole thing!  LOL!  

Quoting spooky415:

We're doing the summer reading club too

I love our library system.

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

They are 7 and 9 and yes they do.  They've had theirs for a while now.  Of course, dh works for the library here so that makes a difference.  They also do summer reading club every year.  They LOVE getting books from the library!  We make sure they are well taken care of, of course.  :)

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured