Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Not really.

Hiw old are your kidd and do they have their own library card?

In my county they have a special card for youngsters. We're taking my son today because he's done so good taking care of his room and things (we wanted him to be good with that so he didnt damage the library books) and he's going to check out his first books!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
PrissyAnne
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
For each of the 3 libraries I have cards for, each household has one account but my kids are verified users on my accounts. So they can get books even if I'm not there. They have each been on there since they were 3.
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Which means that they never went as little ones. They had to wait till K to see a library. I'm sorry, but that just seems like an essential childhood experience.  And I'm also very much a book addict, so 2 nooks and a tablet just isn't the same. I need the smell of bindings, and old paper. Its like a drug to me.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Why? They have had no need to go. They have acess to their schools. 2 nooks and a tablet and well over 200 books in their room. Hell my 12 year old is the ONLY child in his teacher ar class that have read dantes inferno....

Quoting Leissaintexas:

How have they never been to a library?  I find that heartbreaking.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

12 and 6 and no they don't have one and they have never been to the public library.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
She is 6 and has had it since she was 4
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM

i have 100's of books in just their room alone not counting the ones at my grandmothers or my aunt who is a teacher. The have access to paper books that they can read. We are visit book stores regularly to buy books. They don't NEED to go to our library to get all that. I have a nook because its easier considering i have read more books in the last 2 years that I'm betting you have and its easier and cheaper to do it with my nooks.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Which means that they never went as little ones. They had to wait till K to see a library. I'm sorry, but that just seems like an essential childhood experience.  And I'm also very much a book addict, so 2 nooks and a tablet just isn't the same. I need the smell of bindings, and old paper. Its like a drug to me.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Why? They have had no need to go. They have acess to their schools. 2 nooks and a tablet and well over 200 books in their room. Hell my 12 year old is the ONLY child in his teacher ar class that have read dantes inferno....

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

12 and 6 and no they don't have one and they have never been to the public library.

Photobucket

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM
How would you know if you refuse to take them? We have hundreds of books at home too but we are still at the library at least once a week.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

No im not.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're missing the point of a library.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM
The library is free. A nook is not.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

i have 100's of books in just their room alone not counting the ones at my grandmothers or my aunt who is a teacher. The have access to paper books that they can read. We are visit book stores regularly to buy books. They don't NEED to go to our library to get all that. I have a nook because its easier considering i have read more books in the last 2 years that I'm betting you have and its easier and cheaper to do it with my nooks.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Momtogirls0823
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I am so much the same way.  My friends have tried to get me to get a Nook but I just love to have an actual book in my hands!  I guess I'm just old fashioned!  ;)

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Lol i have almost 700 books that range from new releases to old that i have not paid for

Quoting Anonymous:

The library is free. A nook is not.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Photobucket

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Exactly! I can't imagine not taking a child to the library. Even my mother took me and she is the least intellectual person I know.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM

My kids are 8-1/2 and 6 and they both have a library card. DS got his when he was 4 and DD got her card at 5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)