Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Not really.

Hiw old are your kidd and do they have their own library card?

In my county they have a special card for youngsters. We're taking my son today because he's done so good taking care of his room and things (we wanted him to be good with that so he didnt damage the library books) and he's going to check out his first books!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Replies (41-47):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM

He is 10 and has his own card, but I hold on to it. I'm responsible for any fees or book payments if he loses it and someone else uses it, so yeah! Under my control.

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I very seriously doubt your claim about your reading habits, but that's neither here nor there. The fact that you buy all your books is really not the point. The point is the experience. The whole childhood experience of libraries, and getting to know your librarian, and attending story time, and participating in all the wonderful programs that libraries offer. Its like, saying you don't do Santa Clause, or don't have birthday parties. Its just not a childhood without a library experience.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

i have 100's of books in just their room alone not counting the ones at my grandmothers or my aunt who is a teacher. The have access to paper books that they can read. We are visit book stores regularly to buy books. They don't NEED to go to our library to get all that. I have a nook because its easier considering i have read more books in the last 2 years that I'm betting you have and its easier and cheaper to do it with my nooks.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Which means that they never went as little ones. They had to wait till K to see a library. I'm sorry, but that just seems like an essential childhood experience.  And I'm also very much a book addict, so 2 nooks and a tablet just isn't the same. I need the smell of bindings, and old paper. Its like a drug to me.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Why? They have had no need to go. They have acess to their schools. 2 nooks and a tablet and well over 200 books in their room. Hell my 12 year old is the ONLY child in his teacher ar class that have read dantes inferno....

Quoting Leissaintexas:

How have they never been to a library?  I find that heartbreaking.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

12 and 6 and no they don't have one and they have never been to the public library.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM

lol you amuse me

Quoting Leissaintexas:

I very seriously doubt your claim about your reading habits, but that's neither here nor there. The fact that you buy all your books is really not the point. The point is the experience. The whole childhood experience of libraries, and getting to know your librarian, and attending story time, and participating in all the wonderful programs that libraries offer. Its like, saying you don't do Santa Clause, or don't have birthday parties. Its just not a childhood without a library experience.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

i have 100's of books in just their room alone not counting the ones at my grandmothers or my aunt who is a teacher. The have access to paper books that they can read. We are visit book stores regularly to buy books. They don't NEED to go to our library to get all that. I have a nook because its easier considering i have read more books in the last 2 years that I'm betting you have and its easier and cheaper to do it with my nooks.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Which means that they never went as little ones. They had to wait till K to see a library. I'm sorry, but that just seems like an essential childhood experience.  And I'm also very much a book addict, so 2 nooks and a tablet just isn't the same. I need the smell of bindings, and old paper. Its like a drug to me.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Why? They have had no need to go. They have acess to their schools. 2 nooks and a tablet and well over 200 books in their room. Hell my 12 year old is the ONLY child in his teacher ar class that have read dantes inferno....

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

12 and 6 and no they don't have one and they have never been to the public library.

Photobucket

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Congrats OP, looks like you got drama anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

We don't do birthday parties.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM
And you sadden me.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

lol you amuse me

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM

my 15 and 17 year old each have their own, ydd just uses mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)