• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some decorating ideas.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 13 Replies
Ok i have these two cabinets a friend gave me. The are small 3 shelf cabinets with two small drawers at the bottom.

I decided to make them into bookshelfs for my two boys. I am painting them in there favorite colors (red for one and blue for the other), changing out the knobs and writing their names on them.

Now my delimma. The door is supposed to have a glass panel. I only have one glass panel (the other broke a while ago). I don't want to leave it open so I was thinking of getting a mirror type thing and making.the front a little mirror.

Does that sound like a good idea? Kids are 5 and 2. Also where would I get the stuff for a mirror.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Sure. At a craft store.

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I need them cut to a specific size though. I know where I can find mirrors, but I need it a specific size and without a frame.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Sure. At a craft store.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Lowes or some other hardware store could probably help you

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

I need them cut to a specific size though. I know where I can find mirrors, but I need it a specific size and without a frame.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Sure. At a craft store.

la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

i dont know if i would do glass at that age, unless it were out of reach,  but otherwise, the idea sounds really cute 

TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Our town has a glass company that can cut mirrors and glass to any size you need
Lovemyshadows
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Home Depot or Loews 

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Yeah I was thinking I would see if I could find like a plastic mirrored item. Because these will definitely be in each. I just don't want to leave it open. Need ideas to fill the hole Lolo

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

i dont know if i would do glass at that age, unless it were out of reach,  but otherwise, the idea sounds really cute 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:35 PM

they have cabinets that have like hooks or something inside, which allows you to change what you have in it, glass or wood or whatever, you could probably create something like that. put wood or something now, then switch to mirrors when they are bigger. 

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Yeah I was thinking I would see if I could find like a plastic mirrored item. Because these will definitely be in each. I just don't want to leave it open. Need ideas to fill the hole Lolo

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Yeah. Maybe I will do the chalkboard thing I keep seeing. I think the boys would like that.

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

they have cabinets that have like hooks or something inside, which allows you to change what you have in it, glass or wood or whatever, you could probably create something like that. put wood or something now, then switch to mirrors when they are bigger. 

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)