Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD doesn't have any shoes.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 139 Replies
1 mom liked this

DD took her first steps a couple of nights ago so I've been looking for some better shoes for her. I have now looked in 9 different stores and can't find anything. I want something that will be comfortable, supportive, and will actually go with her outfits. Everything I have found is so ugly. I got her a pair of burlap Toms for now, but I'm not sure they will have enough support for her. I was considering sperry topsiders but I think it is absurd to spend $50 on shoes for a baby that they will out grow in just a couple of months. Input??

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bayliesmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd had an all white pair of Nike's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

We didn't worry about buying shoes until DD was big enough and walking good enough to walk around outside.  By then it was summer time so we bought a pair of little white sandals. Have you looked online?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
10 moms liked this
Stride Rite is the best.
Pnukey
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

They learn to walk better w/o shoes on, so I'd wait until she was a steady walker before putting her in shoes. When my kids learned, we just got cheapo Payless shoes since they would grow out of them before I knew it. No harm was done.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Shrugs, if you want decent shoes, you have to spend the money, I know it sucks, I just always thought about the cute little feet in those shoes........
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

She has a ton of sandals and cute little flats. We live in the woods, so if she's going to be walking outside she definitely needs something with support. I've looked at a few stores online including amazon. 

Quoting Anonymous:

We didn't worry about buying shoes until DD was big enough and walking good enough to walk around outside.  By then it was summer time so we bought a pair of little white sandals. Have you looked online?

dorfmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
6 moms liked this
If she's just learning to walk, it's better for her to not wear shoes. If you want something on her feet, get Robeez, Pedipeds or something similar. They have many very cute styles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

we don't have her wear shoes in the house, but when outside she definitely needs them. 

Quoting Pnukey:

They learn to walk better w/o shoes on, so I'd wait until she was a steady walker before putting her in shoes. When my kids learned, we just got cheapo Payless shoes since they would grow out of them before I knew it. No harm was done.

aimesnyc
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I just got cheap tennis shoes from Kmart, etc.  They worked just fine and didn't affect his walking. *shrug* 

CByxbe
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Do not get supportive shoes get a pair of robezze they are leather soft sole shoes. Once she gets better at walking get her supportive shoes. Pay less has some great ones for five dollars, ebay has great one, target, and craiglist. Go to baby consignment sales, etc. they are everywhere just look. Honestly my daughter only wears shoes if its too hot, besides that she walks around bare foot, it is best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN