• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get it - such hypocrisy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

It seems like every day there are posts about how horrible religion is and how bad chuches are.  So many people bash the Catholic church and say how they could never follow that church or religion.  Yet every time someone posts that they don't have money to feed their kids or they are financially struggling, the overwhelming response is "go to Catholic Charities" or go to all the curches in your area.  If churches are so bad, why constantly refer people to them? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM

i dont refer them to churches

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

No comments?

MelanieJK
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Who are these people?      I'm surprised that it's the same people doing both.

Calliwinx
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I always say (irl) that there are many good people who go to church and do great things. And it's a great place for these people to get together and do these great things. But the religion as a whole makes no sense. And it's a good place for bad people to get together and do bad things.
HelloSweetie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Never refered someone to church, nor do I shit on them.

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

HM I'm agnostic, but charities are supposed to help EVERYONE in need not just the religious. I will recommend who ever might be able to help.

Also who knows, maybe the fact these "churches" helped them might soften their hearts and lead them to God. That is after all part of the reason the "churches: give to the needy( hoping to gain more parishioners) lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)