Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanted to thank you all. Things are progressing nicely.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

So you all had some awesome suggestions a while back when it came to my to do list before babies are born!

I am getting so excited.

So first, the room is as pink as pink can be. The walls and ceiling and dresser in there are all pink, pale pink, with darker pink trim. It looks great! My husband totally finished the flooring in the baby's room last night. It's done. My husband has Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed off and he will be doing the rest of the upstairs flooring, the hallway, our room, the kids room, and our closet and the kids closet.

I ordered some curtains, wall decals that have Hello Kitty on them, etc.

The only things left to buy will be a single stroller, the Tommee Tippee complete gift set, a dresser for my 6 year old son, and 2 Prince Lionheart baby seats.

Everything else has been ordered or purchased.

My middle son's schooling is the only thing lacking, I need to get on the ball however K12 has told me and I will be calling today, that if we cannot get through it all in the summer we can start it at the beginning of the year.

We are going school shopping for the kids tonight for notebooks, backpacks, their school supplies list...

I already purchased their school clothing online via The Children's Place. So that part is done. And tonight we will get them their new sneakers for school plus the backpacks, etc.

I have not been able to do a ton of extra cleaning, but pregnant with twins I have managed to upkeep the rooms that are clean. So at least that is done. The upstairs bathroom needs totally clean and hubby promised tonight he will go up there and work on the cleaning and put the door back on the hinge for the huge shelving unit that is in there, it broke a couple of weeks ago.

Next weekend we will be taking the kids out for some one on one time. When the twin girls get here time will be limited so we are making memories now. I am taking my youngest to Chuck E Cheese for a day, dad is taking the oldest racing and renting the toy car racing track for the day, and my middle son is going to go to the water park with grandma. Two weekends ago I took my oldest to lunch and a movie, while my husband took our middle son to the local park where they have a huge play fountain for the kids, to the kids museum, and to Sky High sports where he got to bounce on tons of fun trampolines, and my youngest went with grandma to the water park. And two weekends before that, I took my middle son out to lunch, to a movie, and to the kids museum and the park, while my husband took the youngest to the water park, and grandma took my oldest out to eat, and the dinosaur museum, and Cat Tales a cat sanctuary. So they are each getting lots of fun one on one time before the twins are born.

We went out two days ago and got a WII U for the kids to share, and for my middle son we purchased a couple of games for it which will be his birthday present. And we will be talking to him tonight, and asking him if he wants to go to the local amusement park for his party (because we have season passes so that will be free, the Wii U cost a lot and the games are exp. so we need to save some money).

We are also going to get him another game that does not come out until August 1st that will be another present. And a cake.

The music for my music player for the birth is all cued up and I purchased a speaker for it so we can actually hear it in the birthing room. I cannot have an epidural I am allergic to several parts of it and cannot have one so I need other ways to keep calm, thus my doctor said MUSIC would be great and I took a self hypnosis birthing class to also help me stay calm and have a little control over my own body and pain. If it comes to a c-section they will have to knock me out but I have a great new doctor who says if one baby turns around after the first baby comes out, they will attempt to turn baby from the outside. So hopefully there will be no need for a c-section.

The hospital bag is all ready to go, so when I am ready it is ready.

We still need to put the carseats in the car.

We have a tour scheduled for this Saturday to take a tour of one of the two hospitals I may deliver at. If I go less than 36 weeks I have to have the twins at Sacred Heart Hospital. And that is the tour we have Saturday. If I go 36 weeks or more I can have them at Holy Family Hospital. Either way, I will have the same doctor. He has privledges at both hospitals. I have to wait until August 12th to schedule the other tour because they are in the middle of changing their birthing suites and I want to see them when they are done, not before.

The only other thing is I want some frozen easy meals for when I first get home with the babies. We have not started on that yet. I would like to make things like beef stew, lasagne, buy some frozen pizzas, chicken enchiladas, etc so we have a certain amount of frozen food ready to go.

This is a good start. Thanks again. Excited and nervous! Babies are due Oct 9th but it will prob. be sooner!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM

cat

amc103
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

COngrats, but why are you posting anon? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Um actually I didn't realize I did. LOL Sorry.

Quoting amc103:

COngrats, but why are you posting anon? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)