Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant eat anything while ds is a wake...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

or he thows a tantrum because im not giving him all my food... most of the time he has his own.

Im just now getting breakfast. been up since 7 and it around 1030.... 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Let him throw a temper tantrum. He needs to learn that it is your food.
Lovemyshadows
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, allow a toddler to make his own rules and you just obey ok?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

How about letting him throw a tantrum and learn that he can't always get what he wants? That seems like a better solution. 

HelloSweetie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Oh hell no child. Sharing is great but he doesn't need all your food. Avoiding him won't teach him manners.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this

well you have to learn to NOT let your kid dictate what you do or you are in a for a LOAD of woes the rest of your life.

Just make YOUR food, sit him in his chair and give him  half of yours.  If he fusses cause he wants more- you firmly tell him NO.  And let him fuss.  YOU have to be the stronger one.  You say NO and let him fuss.  If he gets naughty like throwing food, because you said NO... then you say OH NO NO NO we do not do that and put him on the FLOOR and let him fuss it out. 

While YOU calmly eat.  

They MUST learn you will NOT give in.  If you give into their fussing- you have TAUGHT them that it is effective and they keep doing it and doing it and you create a monster.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM

this

Quoting purpleducky:

Let him throw a temper tantrum. He needs to learn that it is your food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I would let him throw a fit. Are you always going to have to hide your food? THat is just crazy.

TattooedMom104
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Yep, mine sticks his fingers in my food or eats it all. I have to hide and eat. Even if we have the same damn thing lol. Annoying as hell.

Plus-size-mommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Why not teach him that while sharing is great, you don't always have to share with him.
Anastacia1988
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Your kid is in control of you ? Wow. Take a second and look at this. You are MOM you MAKE the rules, he breaks the rules set him straight IMMEDIATLY . Send him to his room . Put him against the wall in the corner . Ignore him completely . Remove him when you are done. See? Now that wasn't so hard
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)