• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever had ovarian cysts/problems ?? Any GYN's in this group?? *LONG* updated..

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have kidney problems. During one of the readouts of a cat scan back in...february(?), it said cystic changes in ovaries. I ignored it for a while because everyone gets cysts. Big whoop. Well around the beginning of may I started cramping all the time, different sexual positions were VERY uncomfortable, nausea, etc.. It was about time for my yearly, so I made my gyn call. I mentioned the "cystic" changes, so she sent me for an ultrasound- june 5. She called me the same day, and said I had a small complex ovarian cyst on my left ovary. My right ovary had a lot of follicles(?) but that was normal. She wanted me to repeat the ultrasound in 6 weeks.

Talk about anxiety during those 6 weeks! I couldn't stay off of google, which didn't help. I went to the radiologist office and asked for a copy of my report. It not only noted a complex cyst on my left ovary, measuring 1.7 x 1, but it also said my endometrium has thickened 1.2 CM, my left ovary and my uterus were also mildly enlarged. GAHHH... More google.....MORE anxiety..  

Finally had my follow up ultrasound on monday. I asked the tech doing it if she could tell if it were larger- my back and pelvic pain has intensified. She said "Ummmmmm (as if hesitant, which I figured since they're really not supposed to say anything) I think so, but of course we have to wait for your doctor to really compare and all that". Great. Then when its over, she says " good luck to you". Wth.

SO my doc calls yesterday. She said "good news, the complex cyst is gone." I said "oh? well thats good then"..Definitely confused.. She then said they did find a simple cyst on the left ovary, but we dont worry about those.' I say "could that be causing my cramping pains?" She said " Yep, you probably just ovulated. See ya in a year". I said ok, thanks and hung up.

Wtf? Now today, I have a MILLION questions going through my mind! WHYYYY has all my enlarged crap not been mentioned? Just ovulated? My pain has been NON STOP... And, further more, I have been having a period for over 16 years now.. I think I know what ovulation feels like. And, how big is this new simple cyst? Is it common for he complex to disappear and then a simple to appear ( probably bigger than last going off of what the U/S tech said) all within 6 weeks?? Is it possible the last cyst, or this one, was diagnosed wrong and this is the SAME cyst?

Im going to go get a copy of the new U/S report and compare measurements and stuff. Im not usually a worry wart, but something just feels off.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Just updating, incase ANYONE else would like to read and offer advice...

I just got back from picking up the report from the U/S I had monday..  It says:

Uterus: is normal size.

Endometrium: 13mm and linear echogenicities are seen in the endometrial canal, but this is compatible with the known IUD.

Right ovary: 4.2 x 2.7 x 1.5 cm, volume of 8.8 cubic cm. Normal in size and echotexture.   *Last US this ovary measured 3.3 x 1.4 x 1.4 cm

Left ovary: 3.5 x 3 x 3 cm, volume of 17.6 cubic centimeters. A well defined 2.3 x 2.3 x 2.3 cm sonolucency is seen in the ovary without internal echoes or vascularity.   *last time, this ovary measured 3.3 x 2.6 x 3, and the complex cyst measured 1.7 x 1 cm.

small amount of free fluid is seen in the cul de sac.  *last US states no free fluid

IMPRESSION: The complex ovarian cyst seen on the previous study is no longer present. There is now a well defined 2.3 cm simple left ovarian cyst.

small amount of free fluid in the cul de sac is new from the previous study and can be physiologic or secondary to a ruptured cyst.

SOOOOOOOOO, any opinions?? ANY AT ALL?

Would you have another repeat US in 6 weeks?

I am thinking MAYBE i should just have a CA 125 blood test done. If the results are normal, give it a rest. If not, pursue- obviously.

Honestly if I wasnt in so much pain/discomfort I would forget about it.. But it really is worrisome.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I should add that I worry about not knowing where my pains come from, because of my kidney. But my urologist said I shouldnt be feeling kidney pain in the front or on my left side (kidney b*tch is on the right)...so I am assuming what I feel has to be related to the left ovary.. right?!?

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I know its not drama.. but if just ONE person can relate... just one!!

bump!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Bump good luck. I have endo so that makes sex hurt a lot
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Thanks. And sorry, thats sucks. I read a lot about that during my 6 weeks wait, lol. My aunt has/had it but she had a procedure done recently where they burned stuff? I dont know if that takes it away but shes felt a lot better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump good luck. I have endo so that makes sex hurt a lot

Nee86
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Here's my opinion, if you are not happy with the answer from 1 doctor, get a second opinion. I did and to be real honest, it saved my life.
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM
The only time I had painful cysts is when I had Implanon. I hope you get it figured out.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I have been thinking that in the back of my mind... Its hard to think about when you have a doc you really love, ya know? Ive been going to the same place since 2000. After I read the new report, if its at all the same- or worse, I will probably make an apt with another doctor in the practice.

Quoting Nee86:

Here's my opinion, if you are not happy with the answer from 1 doctor, get a second opinion. I did and to be real honest, it saved my life.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Thanks.

I have the paragard iud.. No hormones. And, its properly in place and all that jazz...so I know its not a culprit.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

The only time I had painful cysts is when I had Implanon. I hope you get it figured out.

la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

google is the enemy!! i tend to get a lot of cysts, most clear up on their own, but when they burst, i feel like im going to die. if shes not worried about it, id say stay off of google and dont worry about it, if you cant stand to do that, talk to her about it. 

Nee86
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Quoting JDmommyJD:

I wouldn't even see a doctor in the same practice. We did that once with dh for his back and it was the same run around.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)