Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You drive me crazy!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
You know who drives me crazy? Loud ass people! You know, the lady in the doctor's office waiting room engaging in a personal conversation on her cell phone, discussing controversial topics, and ensuring she is loud enough for the entire room to be aware of her opinions. Or the lady that is sitting at the table in a restaurant with the boisterous, obnoxious laugh that surely must think everyone in the restaurant is interested in everything she has to say.

Ugghh, we are quiet people. We keep our conversations amongst ourselves. I do not understand people that feel the need to drown out an entire room.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My aunt is like that.. her voice is sooo loud, she talks over people, her laugh is ground shaking... My husband gets into an instant pissy mood when she comes over :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Eh, not something worth being upset over. Some people are just loud.
anitarichman
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I think it's so rude of people when they do  that.  I don't want to hear their entire conversation.  And then they have the balls to get nasty with the people that they are annoying.

jjames1990
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I was at the post office a few years ago behind a woman who was talking to her "lover" about how her husband will never find out because he is stupid and clueless.  And she was arranging to see him at her kids soccer practice.  What offended more then her being loud enough for everyone to hear about her triffling behavoir, is that she was about 400lbs and looked like she was beaten with a serious ugly stick!

TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg, I would get pissy too...lol.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

My aunt is like that.. her voice is sooo loud, she talks over people, her laugh is ground shaking... My husband gets into an instant pissy mood when she comes over :/

FishPhood
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Gah my sister is like that. She is so fucking loud all the time, and she has no filter which makes it even worse. I'm quiet and reserved, I like to sit and people watch :P
LOVEZOEY
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM

i hate when you go to peoples houses and the tv is so loud you can barely hear yourself think

wexfordmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM

My mother in law is sorta like that. She thinks she is being quiet when she whispers to someone but usually it comes out pretty loud. Like at dinner over the weekend she "whispers" to dh -- "Look at that couple over there, they only got dessert, what are the chances of them tipping the waitress, they're probably cheap"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM

That is definitely annoying. I especially hate it in restaurants. 

valkins
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I tend to get annoyed when I in the presence of people like that, but what gets me are the ones speaking so loud on their cell phones and then get upset because people are looking at them. I just scratch my head on that one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)