Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

carseat sugestions ?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 23 Replies
I want to get ds a good convertable carseat but at a resonable price like less then 150? He's 8 months old weights 17 pounds. And carring him in his carrier is killing me! Him and the carseat together ar almost 30 pound and along with a 10 pound diaper bag is just to much!
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-ReadyRide-Convertible-Car-Seat-Dotastic/22621030

This is what my 9 month old has been in since about 5 months when he outgrew his carrier carseat. It allows RF up to 45 in tall and 40 pounds. Then allows FF up to 50 lbs and 45in tall.

masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM
O I like that and its cute!

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-ReadyRide-Convertible-Car-Seat-Dotastic/22621030

This is what my 9 month old has been in since about 5 months when he outgrew his carrier carseat. It allows RF up to 45 in tall and 40 pounds. Then allows FF up to 50 lbs and 45in tall.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Do what I did. Leave the car seat in the car and just carry him and diaper bag till u get another
jowens8907
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM

My DS has the Alpha Omega carseat (Not sure if that's the full name of it but whatev) and he loves it. It's super comfy, easy to wash the cover, and it has a nifty cupholder that attaches to it. DS loves his cupholder...we have to bring along a drink especially for this cupholder. It has a very high safty rating and they are durable, I bought 2 almost 2 years ago and they are both is excellent condition, and they take a beating. I think it was $120-135. Somewhere in that range.

jaydensmom1726
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM

the graco nautulis 3 in 1 it is amazing. you can get it at walmart for about 150.

i had this seat when i got in my accident and my son walked away with out so much as a scratch on him.

the truck hit his side of the care doing 35 mph and the seat didnt have to be replaced

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
The Graco my ride is a great seat :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That seat doesn't rearface.  Her son is only 8 months old.

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

the graco nautulis 3 in 1 it is amazing. you can get it at walmart for about 150.

i had this seat when i got in my accident and my son walked away with out so much as a scratch on him.

the truck hit his side of the care doing 35 mph and the seat didnt have to be replaced

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Her son is 8 months old, and cannot be forward faced til an absolute minimum of another 4months. The nautilus is a forwardfacing only seat. Also, graco says to replace after ANY aaccident, so your seat most definitely needs to be replaced!

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I would get the Graco Myride 65, it harnesses to 65 lbs

jaydensmom1726
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

i forgot that it doesnt rearface. a good seat that i know does ist the alpah omega elite

it is what we had for his first big carseat. the only reason we switched was because he outgrew the harness in height before he hit the weight limit.

Quoting Anonymous:

That seat doesn't rearface.  Her son is only 8 months old.

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)