• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this sound off to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I have a co worker who was due the same month as me.
Anyways a week before she gave birth she said her doctor changed her due date. She gave birth on her new due date.." naturally" I know its possible but weird her doctor would change the due date that late and be right! Lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Anybody?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM
;/
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Don't know. Why does it matter?

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

...why does it sound odd?Maybe she was induced and just doesn't care to admit it or doesn't feel it's anyone's business??

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM
They are constantly changing people estimated due date. The Dr just got lucky. Had nothing more then that.
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I had a Dr tell me anything past the 1st trimester is very hard to tell the true gestational age because other factors can cause the baby to either grow more or not. It's hard to imagine the dr would risk the baby's health by making the due date earlier, lung development is one of the issues with babies born before 37 weeks. Due date determination is not an exact science.

But, who knows why her Dr changed her date. Hopefully she asked a lot questions before agreeing.
JamieBue38
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Everyone is different.. every baby grows at different rates. Doctors just estimate when a baby is due by  how much they've developed so far. But look at babies that are born, not all 6 month old babies are crawling, some start later than others, same as developement inside the womb... not all babies have fingernails at (whatever week they predict). But the closer to the 'due date' or alleged 'due date', the easier it is to predict...

If you're worried about her not having her baby 'naturally' this is what ticks me off because so many moms are very close minded about 'unnatural' births. I was once like that, I wanted to have a water birth with no drugs and push my baby out of my vagina. Not all moms are capable of doing that. I developed pre eclempsia (I'm young and healthy) so I needed to be induced. 12 doses of drugs, an epideral and 30 hours later I needed a c-section because my daughter was suffocating. Do any of you 'natural' moms know what it's like to be in labor for 32 hours?? My cervix was raw from being checked by 5 different people over 10 times! I had my bags broken with a needle! My daughter came out with a scratch on her head! It took 2 months to recover, I couldn't even stand for 5 minutes in the shower till 2 months post partum. Just know that a lot of moms/babies would be DEAD if it weren't for the medicine and practices we have today. I thank God that me and my daughter are both alive and healthy. Don't judge other women for not being able to carry through a natural birth. Plus having an epideral is something only a brave woman can do because my friend was paralyzed for a week after a misplaced epideral. She didn't get to see her son till a few days after he was born because she was strapped in bed and he was in the NICU. Be grateful for your own natural births. 

JanineDeer
by Janine on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM

oh who really CARES???????????????  It's a co-worker.   I never got involved with co-workers.

Work was work, I never mixed personal and home life.

Let her be weird, who the heck give's a rat's ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)