Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I live with a "recovering" drug addict, Ask me anything!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My SO is now 4 weeks clean from prescription pain killers. It hasn't always been easy but it's looking on the bright side. Ask away!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM
No questions here. He's at the 7 month mark. He had been 3 years clean when he fell of the wagon for about a month. This time he went to a shrink that specializes in recovering addicts. It's made a world of difference. He was diagnosed with clinical depression and started on an anti-depressant. Within a week I noticed a difference and he says that this time he isn't even really craving. Just keep in mind that relapse is possible and good luck.
bandzbandzbandz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Oh sweetie, that's still an addict. He's still in the relapse hard phase. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I know, that's why I put it in quotations. I've dealt with addicts my whole life, maybe I should become a rehab person! >_<

Quoting bandzbandzbandz:

Oh sweetie, that's still an addict. He's still in the relapse hard phase. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM

He was clean a year or two before I met him and fell off after being prescribe them when he broke his ribs playing soccer He goes tomorrow back to his doctors and has therapy afterwards. I keep on the edge of my seat because I know how high of a percent of him relapsing is. Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous:

No questions here. He's at the 7 month mark. He had been 3 years clean when he fell of the wagon for about a month. This time he went to a shrink that specializes in recovering addicts. It's made a world of difference. He was diagnosed with clinical depression and started on an anti-depressant. Within a week I noticed a difference and he says that this time he isn't even really craving. Just keep in mind that relapse is possible and good luck.

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM

NOo questions here just good luck! My brother was also a drug addict and it was really hard on the whole family. He has been clean for about 5 years now and going strong! Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM

bump!

Party_of_Cinco
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Party_of_Cinco:

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)