Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who seem to have it so together and do so much. Are they just liars?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Posting anon because i know i will be ripped apart probably. Do you ever see those moms that seem to have all the time in the world. You know the ones that have 3 kids, always look amazing, do crafts, sell stuff on ebay, etc. I am jealous of them. I mean wtf? How do you have time do do all this stuff? I see one of my fb friends post about all the stuff she does, she has 3 kids, does dog shows, takes kids to the pool, makes crafts and sells them on etsy, has a photography business, etc and i wonder wtf does her house look like? I mean to be able to have that much time to do stuff. My day is wake up, feed my one child who is 4. Plan dinner ( i start small stuff like salads and stuff early) Check email and etc ( hell i need some me time, right?) Play outside with my kid for awhile, then i clean for like 2 hours. No joke. Yeah i like a clean house, and truthfully it could be cleaner. By the time i am done cleaning its lunch time, then i clean up that mess. Play with my kid again while doing chores. Maybe shop for groceries on certain days. By the tme i know it its dinner time then bath then bed. By 9pm i am exhausted. I don't know how these moms have time to do all this extra stuff. I have no time. Am i just bad on time managment. I feel like a failure some days. Like life is just one big blur of cleaning and stress. My husband says well you should see their homes, i bet there a mess. He works in other people's homes all the time and tells me how some of these people live. My mom says the same thing, that she had friends that had so much time and that they lived in a pig sty. How can anyone live in a messy house like that? I have crap laying around but i mean in filth? I am not saying that all these together moms live like pigs but i wonder how it seems they have 30 hours to a day when i have 24? Am i alone here?

Edit to add. I wonder is they really are doing all this stuff with their kids too or just make it up. Or if they really are photographers and every other thing they say they do.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM
It just depends. If the person you're talking about is that busy, her house may not see enough traffic to get that messy every day. Does her husband help out at home? Does she have hired help? Are her kids old enough to clean up behind themselves, use the toilet alone, feed themselves, etc.?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM

The thing is it seems like everyone has it together besides me. I feel like even when i leave the house it becomes a mess with people walking in and out and stuff. Normal every day stuff just piles up if i leave the house alot. No her kids are 1, 4, and 6. I would pull my hair out with 3 kids under the age of 10!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Well for one I don't spend 2 hours a day cleaning. My house is clean. I cannot even imagine what would consume 2 hours of my time EVERYDAY. : p
dommad2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Lol another part is kids ages. I have friends who make comments like that towards me but my kids are 10 and 6. I do stuff with them and my niece and nephew all day along with cleaning the house but even my niece and nephew are almost 4 and 5 years old. I also appear to have it together more during the school year lol.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

no I focus on myself, who cares what others do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)