Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you take your kids out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
Not out on day trips, just leaving the house in general. I am a sahm and ds3 is home with me all the time. Unless one of us is sick we go out every day, even if its just for a walk round the block or out in the garden. Obviously sometimes weather is a factor, its not for us as there is a sports centre with a play barn and indoor pool on our street, but I know not everyone is as lucky. I think its bad for kids to be kept indoors all the time, especially toddlers and preschoolers as they need stimulation. I feel bad for ds when I've been too sick to take him out.
I'm not going to judge you for sick days or weather being bad but if you keep your sah kids indoors all day several days a week in decent weather I think its lazy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oddy_Knocky
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Every day we're outdoors doing something.
TSNDDY
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
We go out everyday, play outside, walk to the grocery store, go places.. These past few days alone we have gone to the amusement park, the swimming pool, the library, the indoor play place..
I would go crazy if we didn't leave the house.
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

usually every day. we have puppy trainng classes monday, swimming tuesday, dance wednesday, swimming thursday. friday and saturday are our free days. lol.

i sign them up for craft classes or we go to the park. and then running errands. we are always on the go.

we are stuck home today cuz carpet is being put in

Josie_P
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:41 PM

We usually stay outside in our backyard. We also have a pool so that takes up a lot of our day also. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I'm a SAHM and my kids get out of the house everyday. 

nolandsmomma
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I take my son outside at least once a day. Yes sometiems we just go out and play in our yard or we go swimming for an hour or something. I also take him with me shopping because he likes to shop for the most part. Or i take him to the park once or twice a week. But i have my days when yes im lazy and i let him play in the yard by himself ( i can see him from my window and he is 4). Today he hasnt been out much but that's because we were out all day at the museums and water fountain yesteday.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

My kids get some sort of outside time every day.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Everyday we are either going to the pool or playground most days both.

April620
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Probably not enough. She is 10 months and I just recently became a sahm. Before that I took her to work with me so we were out of the house every day from 7 to 6. It was too much and we were running on empty all the time so I turned in my notice and now have been home for about 3 weeks. These past three weeks have been super lazy. We just moved and though we are mostly settled we still have a closet full of boxes I've got to unpack. It's also been extremely hot out and there aren't too many places around here to take babies so we have just been chilling at home. On the weekends when my husband is off work we go out to the mall or to see our families but during the week we really don't go anywhere.
CjEmmemommy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Its summer so they are usually out playing in the yard at the very least daily. I try to plan a trip of some kind 3 times a week. That can be a movie, water park morning, play date with friends or just lunch at the play place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)