Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 30 Replies

Last summer, I got a Wii fit because I was feeling really big. The very first body test I did I found out that I was 201 lbs and it said I was obese!!! Yikes! (I am 5'8" by the way) I used it for a month and didn't really notice any difference. I had lost a whopping 1 pound! I grew frustrated and gave up on it, I didn't like looking at it saying obese every day! LOL! I started walking on my own and eating better and smaller portions. I also started eating only when I was hungry instead of  thinking, "it's 6, I have to eat dinner...etc) I totally forgot about my weight and just consentrated on my family and enjoying time with them.

Fast forward to last night. My youngest was playing on the wii and I got a wild hair up my butt and decided just for fun to do a body test. I lost 40 pounds!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I ran in and grabbed the shorts I wore when I was playing on the wii in October, and they fell right off!!! I wanted to dance for joy!!!!!!!! I am now normal according to the chart, although it said that my ideal weight is around 145 so I have another 20 pounds, but I already lost 40 lbs without really trying, so what's another 20? LOL!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Congrats!!! 

Erna2
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!!!!!!

Quoting Fordprefect:

Congrats!!! 

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Cool...congrats...

Love060708kids
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Woo!!  Congratulations!

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Awesome job! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM
That's awesome... It's good to hear news like that every once in a while
Erna2
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks guys! I wish I could take credit for hard work, but I didn't really think about it. I just started eating better foods, and smaller portions. Instead of 2 helpings, I stick to one moderately sized one. It took a year to lose 40 pounds. But at my age, I feel awesome! No bikini for me though...LOL!

LCG83
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Congrats!!! That's awesome!! I'm 5'8 too and probably closer to your before. I refuse to step on a scale. :/
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Congrats! I wish losing weight was so easy for me! I just cannot get motivated! Bleh!
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM
That's awesome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)