Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone switch to Netflix or Hulu Plus?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies

From Satellite or Cable TV?  How bad is it?  We need to go to something cheaper, but I'm scared to switch because there are certain shows I really love and it looks like Netflix or Hulu has a shitty selection.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ToniTennille
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM

We just tried Hulu it's crap IMO. Most show you can't watch unless you watch over the internet. We are staying with Netflix.

rainskysmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
We have Netflix and Hulu plus but have still kept our satellite. We did cancel all our movie channels through Dish though.
Karenjm
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM

We have Netflix and it's okay.  I get bored with it at times and it doesn't always have old movies that  you would think they would have.  But, I do like it.

Nymeria
by Corruption Sister on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM
We have Netflix and vudu.
We watch game of thrones through my sister's hbo go acct and there are sites to watch other shows online. We don't watch much TV anyway so it was fine for us.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Redbox streamlines now too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM
We have netflix and still have cable. I hated hulu plus. Most shows can't be streamed on the ps3 only on the computer. And I love netflix when I cannot find anything on tv to watch.
Pnukey
by Jenn on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Hulu+ sucks. We have Hulu+, Netlfix, and Amazon Prime. We ditched cable in January 2012. Sure, there are some shows we miss, but they'll get there eventually. Plus, a lot of channels put their shows online anyway. It's just TV and not that important in the greater scheme of things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

We have netflix and basic cable. Plus movie channels which we only have because they offered us them for $3 a month. We will be cancelling them soon.

AMRios
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

We were going to but Netflix is slacking these days! I am trying to find something better then Netflix!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Redbox streamlines now too

Really? I didn't know that : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)