Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Protine advice ( for kids)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

To make a long complicated story short.. ill just say my DD (  4 ) has growth issues. Shes   close to 33inches tall and 24 pounds. She has a lot of food aversions (  a Lot of aversions  just in general too).. anyways shes now decided she will not eat meat period.. shes stopped eating almost anything and prefers to drink things ( obviously she wont drink a chicken  milkshake). Anyways im curious if any of you ladies  can  recommend a good protein shake ( suitable for kids).

She takes daily  vitamins and eats a lot of breads and fruits. I do give her  fruit /vegatable drinks to get  her veggies in..

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Get her some whey protein powder and have her drink one a day, IF her doctor clears it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM
PEDIATRICIAN. Call your child's dr. They are the medical professionals.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I have they  are having us back in  6 months to  decide if she will need to  be given hormone shots.. she sees a ped endo  as well. Due to her food aversions she sees a dietitian as well... im looking for someone who may of  personally   had a child  or even themselves that  avoids meats ( maybe a vegetarian ) and looking for kid approved protein shakes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Thanks, hows this stuff taste? I will bring it up  at her  check up in  2 weeks.

Quoting BeAmour:

Get her some whey protein powder and have her drink one a day, IF her doctor clears it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM
What I meant is ask your dr about shakes. Wouldn't they know what she should be eating or in your case drinking ? I'm surprised they haven't told you exactly what to feed her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have they  are having us back in  6 months to  decide if she will need to  be given hormone shots.. she sees a ped endo  as well. Due to her food aversions she sees a dietitian as well... im looking for someone who may of  personally   had a child  or even themselves that  avoids meats ( maybe a vegetarian ) and looking for kid approved protein shakes.

Quoting Anonymous:

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Peanut butter, eggs, soy (edaname) and beans are also other fantastic sources of protein.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM

My daughter is mostly vegetarian (she'll eat bacon sometimes, but not often).  She gets her protein from tofu, peanut butter, greek yogurt, nuts, and quinoa mostly.  You can make her smoothies with greek yogurt and peanut butter (barring any allergies) and add different fruits to give her a variety. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

They are pretty much stumped :( Shes had every test under the sun and i have till October to get  as much growth as possible before they test her pituitary gland ( not a fun process for a little one) They have not given us a lot of helpful information as my daughters aversions are ridiculous. The one thing  her diet is lacking is a good source of protein :( Im so stumped on what to do.. i do wish we had better doctors where we are located.

Quoting Anonymous:

What I meant is ask your dr about shakes. Wouldn't they know what she should be eating or in your case drinking ? I'm surprised they haven't told you exactly what to feed her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I have had gastric bypass and I use Premier Protein, they have it at costco in chocolate and vanilla. 30g of protein, 1g of sugar and 1g of carb. Can't beat it and it tastes pretty good for a protein drink imo.

When dd was little we would do pediasure but that was a supplement in case she wasn't getting enough at meals, so I would check with a doc either way but I really recommend the premier protein, especially with the low sugar and carbs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)