Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My MIL is getting layed off...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 2 Replies
After 16 years with the same company! She is trying to fight for a severance package or early retirement but who know how that will play out! She texted my husband and said the 3 of us need to talk after my husband gets home. She drives/pays for a car that's in our name. Without a job how can she afford a place to live? I'm dreading this conversation because I know she is going to ask to live with us and of corse we have to make the payments or sell the car. We do not have an extra room in the house and we own so we can not just up and move somewhere bigger. My husband is military, I'm a stay at home mom and we have 3 kids under 5. My husband deploys soon, my oldest starts kindergarden next month, we have a busy schedule of extra curriculars for the kids...I don't think I can handle a tag along for who knows how long. She can not be trusted alone with the kids because she loses her temper, hits and screams. My husband is 100% on my side but doesn't see how we could say no! I love my MIL and feel horrible but....

What would you do?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Just say no plain n simple. I always say no when Dh family ask for something. It's very easy. And his grandma was kicked out of her apartment and was homeless and I said no.
Bknotnobody
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM
No it's that simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)