Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FESS UP! Which one of you teeny boppers called me a hippie???

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 27 Replies

At toysrus to get one of their red hot deals and i went and looked to see what hyland stuff they had because all the kids had the sniffes and i was running out of medicine. A younger mom (mid to late teens) asked me what i thought of the hylands brand. I told her that i stick with hylands or homepathic medicines unless antibiotics are needed and ive never had any problems. She just kinda stared at me for a minute then said "Homeopathic? like herbs and plants?? Are you like one of those hippe moms that dont vaccinate?"

After being on MC a while i admit i wanted to go for the shock value and tell her i home birthded, baby wore, nursed, and co-slept (for the first 9 months) but instead i just laughed and said "I guess i am".. I turned to go about my day and i hear her turn to her friend and say "I didnt know there were ppl like her still around!" 

LOL im officaially scared of this genereation!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

BUMP!

KristenandCaleb
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

lol I guess that makes me a hippie mama too = ).

-Avy-
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

ROFL.

Old hippie farts unite!

Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

is anyone else a hippie by these standards??

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I dunno, but can we call her an archeologist?
mommaslilmen
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I prefer the homeopathic options myself. I also bf, co-sleep, baby wear, cloth diaper and make my iwn baby food. I'm 25
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Lol we need to invest in patchouli oil so they can smell us coming!

Quoting -Avy-:

ROFL.

Old hippie farts unite!

Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Cloth diapering! Oh I bet she would have crapped a brick if I told her there were such things as cloth diapers! Lol

Quoting mommaslilmen:

I prefer the homeopathic options myself. I also bf, co-sleep, baby wear, cloth diaper and make my iwn baby food. I'm 25

mommaslilmen
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM
One of my friends and her daughters stopped by as I was changing my daughters diaper and when the daughter asked what her diaper was her mom said I know miss kimmy is weird using those.

Quoting Cbreland07:

Cloth diapering! Oh I bet she would have crapped a brick if I told her there were such things as cloth diapers! Lol

Quoting mommaslilmen:

Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Lol cause its so weird not wanting chemicals next to your babies bottom 24/7

Quoting mommaslilmen:

One of my friends and her daughters stopped by as I was changing my daughters diaper and when the daughter asked what her diaper was her mom said I know miss kimmy is weird using those.

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting mommaslilmen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)