Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 years of friendship, down the drain...Oh well!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

I met my best friend in high school...we remained best friends up until recently.  Sept. of last year, a day before I had my son, he started dating this girl he met thru his sister. Ok cool, awesome! I told him I was excited for him and wished him nothing but happiness for him and his new girlfriend. I never got to meet her until Black friday a few months later. Everything seemed to be normal between us but I guess at some point, she admitted to him that she was jealous of me because I was everything she wasn't? She's tall, I'm short, she's overweight, I'm not. Uhm okay? I'm sorry you feel that way...I don't mean to be those but that's how I was born? According to my friend's sister my friend admitted to his girlfriend that at one point in his life, he did have feelings for me but they have since passed since he got together with his girlfriend. Two months into their relationship, he proposes to her. I was shocked at first because I thought he was rushing things but then I stepped back and I let it go. He was happy, she was happy...so I embraced it.

Fast forward to the now, I have not heard from him in over a month. I've tried texting, facebooking, and even calling him but nothing! I don't know what the hell happened?! I mean, his fiance still writes to me on facebook and such but I get nothing from him. I just think it's time to cut all ties and end it? What do you guys think?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harmonytmrrw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM

bump

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM

It sounds like his fiancee has taken over and has his balls now.  Give up on him.  Once they split  up and he regains control of his testes, he will probably come looking for you.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Agree with the pp. sounds like his new gf is controlling him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I think so.She will never be able to put aside any jealously towards you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM
At least yours didnt steal your meds get high and you paid for the ticket and she had to leave cause we couldn't trust her
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM

That's just so sad.  I've had that happen to me more than once.  Clingy, no-confidence, controlling women who don't get that people actually can be just friends.  It's pathetic.  I feel sorry for your friend.

Momof3smoochies
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
She sounds controlling and has self esteem issues. Try inviting them over for dinner and befriend her. Maybe that will help :-)
Harmonytmrrw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I should of known something was going to happen when I found out that she put him on her phone line. Oh well, can't cry over split milk! :)

Quoting csxt99:

It sounds like his fiancee has taken over and has his balls now.  Give up on him.  Once they split  up and he regains control of his testes, he will probably come looking for you.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Sounds like he already did!

Harmonytmrrw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I've tried! I told her that there was nothing to be jealous of, that I only considered him a brother and that I was hoping her and I could become friends. I invited them several times to come over but they would tell me that they couldn't come down, (they live an hour away) and then I'd find out that they were in the area anyways!

Quoting Momof3smoochies:

She sounds controlling and has self esteem issues. Try inviting them over for dinner and befriend her. Maybe that will help :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)